General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Gozo any time would be my recommendation. it fits all your criteria.
Thanks Justval! :D

You helped me decided that Gozo was a good choice when I was asking a couple of months ago! The holiday has changed from a holiday to a special holiday now :D but I think Gozo would be a fab place whatever type of holiday.

Its on the shortlist! :D
Tavira on the eastern Algarve fits your description of location. Booking seperately the Vila Gale Tavira (not Albequora) with low cost flights to Faro would fit the budget if you went for standard rooms (why do people pay extra to look out at other people in the pool anyway?). Check prices at expedia, they usually match the hotels direct prices but include buffet breakfast which the hotel doesn't! Kids are not an issue, apart from a few Portuguese on Saturdays (it's a long story and involves loyalty cards!).

But two weeks may get a bit tedious, you could start with 4/5 nights in Lisbon now that the low costs go there as well. Transfer by train is easy and cheap, transfer by coach is even cheaper - takes from 4 hours and can be prebooked before you go. Seville would be an alternative to Lisbon except for a lack of direct UK flights, you may have to double back to Faro.

One day I'm going to get around to putting up a gallery about Tavira!
Seville would be an alternative to Lisbon except for a lack of direct UK flights, you may have to double back to Faro.

I don't know where you live but Ryanair do direct flights to Seville from Liverpool and Stanstead but there is also a good train service from Seville to Malaga which would be easier than returning to Faro for your return flight.

SM
For a two centre, you could also do one week in Tavira in the Eastern Algarve and one week in Lagos in the Western Algarve. I have been to both and they seem to suit your requirements.

The Tivoli Hotel in Lagos might be suitable although you would need to check the reviews. I haven't stayed there but I know it does B&B and is available through all the usual suspects both TO's (Portland etc) and it's on Accom only sites. Lots of info on the Portugal Forum.

Gozo is lovely although 2 weeks might be too long as the Island is only 5 miles long. We stayed in the Ta Cenc Hotel, Very picturesque. We did it as a twin centre with Malta, but Malta isn't everyones cup of tea.

Doe
Elounda in Crete is a special place.Its totally unspoilt and has lots of lovely restaurants.Its just a few miles from Ayois Nikolaos if you want a lively night out.
Wow!
you are all full of good ideas! I think the description of unspoilt that Jay Trip has just said sums up what is in mind.

I can start to check everything out and every idea will be considered. Even if the 'special holiday' does not go to one of many locations given you are all adding to my other years holidays! :D

My location is Essex but within the M25 so ideally Stanstead/Gatwick is the best airport choice from where we live and they both have a good choice of flights for most places.

thanks all
:D
Hi :D

I live near Stansted, and if you decide to go for the Portugal holiday you can get really cheap easyjet flights to Faro (if you are happy to travel on easyjet !) leaving more money to spend on the 'honeymoon hotel' LOL
YOu just need to get on there website the day they release them, normally end Nov/begining Dec.

Also if you fancy Crete, Chania is fab.

Good Luck, Doe
Thanks for tips!

I have a while to research so that gives me a nice winter project! :D

Many thanks
:D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.