Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The lead passenger is in charge of the booking...... however I don't see why the booking cant be transferred to you or your friend, but of course the cost will change.

Kath x
Also consider the deposit paid . If he cancels this will be lost (for you all) and if a low deposit was paid a top up to the full deposit may also still be due .

Best to try and transfer it to your names as Kath says . This way the deposit will be transferred over too although I dont see that you would have to refund his share .

As mentioned this would normally be classed as a different booking and hence the new cost will be the current price of the holiday .
Thanks Kath & lynwestie, you've basically confirmed what I thought. The holiday is paid in full. My partner booked it but we have recently split up & he is being obnoxious to say the least & refuses to change the lead. Going to cancel as he knows my friend & I will loose alot of money.
MEN!!!!!! x
Oh flip. I hope you manage to get it sorted.

Good luck

Kath x
If I were you I would phone the Travel company and advise them what he is threatening to do,perhaps they can "tag" your booking .saying that you want to keep two places, so that you don't lose it.It may be worth trying,T.
Go and see the travel agent. Hopefully they'll be sympathetic. At the end of the day i'm sure they won't want to lose the booking. Explain whats happened and they might be able to transfer your deposit onto a new booking and just cancel the one person.
Did he use his card to pay for the holiday or a joint account as the booking does not legally belong to the lead passenger but to the person/s who paid for the holiday. If you can show the travel agent proof of joint account etc you are just entitled to remain on the booking or change any details. I hope you can get this sorted!! Oh and by the way not all men are the same lol.
Get in touch with the TA now.
A similar thing happened a few years back when the lead party of my daughter's holiday decided not to go.
As he was the lead party he was allowed by the Travel agent to cancel, costing everyone else their full deposits.

By the time we found out it was too late to try and recover the holiday for the ones that wanted to go.
We were actually in the shop trying to get the holiday lead name changed when we found out he had cancelled it a couple of weeks prior!
Thanks to everyone for their advice. I have now managed to persuade him to transfer the lead to me so hopefully all is resolved.

Sorry JAGO2, went off on one!!! LOL

XX
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.