Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
HOLIDAY TO GOA
13 Posts
I certainly hope you are going to share details of your hotel so we can all avoid it.
Besides the increase in a taxi price what were the other price rises you encountered ? You weren't too specific.
When we went in November we thought that other than a large Kingfisher beer nothing had gone up at all .
Hope you are looking to stay somewhere different in April ! For a good nights sleep I would recommend the Marinha Dourada .
I hope you have a better time in April, You should easily pick up an apartment in April and it may make a nice change from a hotel you didnt say which resort your going to but if your going to Candolim theres loads behind the football pitch and its really quiet there both during the day and night. Lets just hope it was unlucky 13 and No. 14 is much better.
If I stopped going its the people I would miss. Met so many brilliant people over the years and I love going back to see them again and I hate to think I wouldnt see any of them again.
Hi I agree with nejulie. Instead of staying in a hotel stay in a nice quiet guest house or apartment. There are lots of places between the football pitch and the sea. Turn right near the bottom of the Beach road between the car/ taxi park and Silver Sands and you will find lots of places along this road. A decent room will cost 1200-1500r a night. Pretty Petals and Coquieral are very good.
Hi,

Many thanks to all of you that have responded, and I have been looking at the internet for places in calangute as that is where we want to be. The prices are really expensive - anyone know of anywhere where I can try?

Thanks
You still haven't told us where not to stay !!
we were staying int he braganza - and we have stayed there before (6 times!) but never again, this time was the last.
Less people the more they increase the prices...that's the way they think.
You sound really fed up spaldy, have you had enough of goa?
Totally Hudo,i've seen and heard enough.
oh dear, was it the Colonia de Braganza you stayed at?

I'm staying there in 6 weeks time, guess I'll need my earplugs?
Hi,
I feel awful now, but as I said we have stayed there so many times before and although had a bit of noise this time it was bad. But it just may have been the time of year (boxing day till 24th January) so hopefully it may have gone quiet now. Please go with an open mind, the braganza is right in the heart of calangute and near everything, and the boys who tidy your room are the best. If you have any problems ask to speak to david who is the manager. But hopefully you will not have a problem, we generally stay by the second swimming pool, so if you stay by the bar and restaurant it may not be so bad. Please don't be put off by me.

Sorry!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.