Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Praia da rocha has the most fabulous beach and great for children....what are their ages?
There are plenty of bars/ reastaurants etc but can be busy in summer. When are you planning to go?
Pat
:glynis
The kids are 11, 9 and 6. I was hoping to go towards the end of July ( the expensive time :( :( )
We where in PDR last July-August, we actually stayed in praia da vau just outside PDR and really enjoyed it. There are plenty of good restaraunts and stuff for the kids to do and as already has been said the beaches are really good too.

One thing that has been mentioned is that in summer it is really busy in the resort and this is reason we actually stayed just out of the main resort in Praia de vau, its about 15 min walk away or 4-5euros in a taxi. You also have Alvor 10 mins away in a taxi which is really nice and not as busy as PDR and has some really good restaraunts.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!! :D
The kids will certainly enjoy the beach at Praia da Rocha. It is very big and sandy, with all sorts of activities requiring them to demand money from you at frequent intervals.

It's VERY hot, often too hot to walk barefoot on the sand, so take sensible precautions.

Also the 'promenade' is now a pedestrian zone for most of its length and it is lined with bars and restaurants of every description. But as the previous posters have said it will (we very much hope) be busy.

Check accommodation location as some places can be a hefty walk from the beach.

If you want a change of scenery the local minibuses that whizz about everywhere will get you to Portimao in about 10 minutes, also to Alvor in about 10 minutes. At low tide you can walk along the beach to Praia do Vau, mentioned earlier. It's a nice walk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.