Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Praia De Rocha
8 Posts
Hi,
im going in september and there is building work happening to my hotel,
Vila Rosa is very nice hotel, there are two swimming pools,the big one near the hotel is always busy and the second pool is a lot better as there is hardly any children around the pool and it has it's own snack bar.
The rooms are very big and always clean.
the hotel is situated about a five minute walk from the bars and resturants, you will love the hotel
does anyone know how long this building work is going to go on for?
I was in Praia da Rocha in early April. All the footpaths and some parts of the roads in the main area were dug up with a lot of work going on. There were signs indicating the work was to be completed by the end of May.

geoff001
Hi

Thanks for your all your comments. I am going early June fingers crossed they have finished the work!

Thanks again

Louise :D
Sorry to say this but we visited Praia Da Rocha the 1st wk of May and it was in a terrible state!! The main road was completely ripped up, the pavements were no better, it was also very windy with dust blinding us. I sincerely hope the works are finished very soon. :(
Got back on 19/5/07 and the main road was indeed a state. But, The speed at which they were laying the cobbles was impressive and by the time you go I think the worst will be over.
Don't forget to eat at the Brazilian rodizio next to your resort.

Have fun..
hiya i just got back from prai do vau on sat 12 yes prai do rocha is in a state but villa rosa is aquite a nice place from what i saw and the people who stayed in there said it was lovely the poolside looks really nice although i cant comment on the accomodation as im only going off what i have seen or been told xx hope you enjoy x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.