Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Smoggynal,

Turkey is an excellent country to visit regardless of age, there's something for everyone. With regards to hotels, you'll need to narrow it down to a resort before looking at specifics. There are 100's are hotel reviews on our Hotel Review section that may be useful. All inclusive or self catering is personal preference really, just be careful that you select a good all inclusive that meets your needs or you might end up eating out anyway. There's an excellent selection of bars and restaurants in most resorts that offer great eating at prices to suit most budgets if you look around.

Darren
the resort is were im struggling as ive never been to turkey are the lively parts abit much for the kids or is there a resort thats quiter but close to lively parts so you can travel in to them and possibly be cheaper to stay than the lively parts
Smoggynal,

Icmeler sounds like the place for you, it's a great mix of quiet and lively with plenty to do and see.

Darren
Smoggynal, to add to Dazbo's post i've brought forward the Discussion on Icmeler Topic and also the Babadan Apartments Topic which was where we stayed on our first visit to this resort. On the weather report Topic there is the name of John Toohey, click on his link for Icmeleronline which will give you more up to date about the resort.

Les
if you have children i would have thought all inclu was the way as a coke or fanta are about 7lira x 3= 21lira which equates to £8 our chldren are now grown up but our daughter whent aliinclu, this year as she has 3 children we are in our 60s now are we go alinclu i know its not everyones cup of tea but with children pop water ice creams can cost a fortune
I would agree Icmeler would probably be a good first choice. It's very popular with families without being over the top. Would also say that if you choose self-catering you don't have to spend a fortune. Eating and drinking out is relatively cheap, and if you have your own facilities you can always stock up and keep ice-cream in the freezer, and drinks in the fridge, and eat lunch in your apartment. There are so many lovely restaurants for dinner in the resorts, and they really need the tourists at the moment. If you do decide to go all-inclusive though, would advise that you go in a large hotel that's all set-up for all-inclusive, not just a small cheap one that has tried to jump on the bandwagon. We have talked to people who've stayed in cheap AIs' and have ended up spending more money eating out, because the food was so bad.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Apartment rental in beautiful area of Turkey, perfect location for a wonderful holiday http://www.turunc-apartment.co.uk
Turkey is great for children. We have been taking our since they were babies.

Somewhere like Bitez may be good for you, the beach is nice, it is not too busy but it is also close to Gumbet and Bodrum if you do fancy going somewhere lively.

We have always gone self catering as we like the freedom to eat where we want and when we want. We also love having the fridge, mainly for drinks but also for breakfast stuff and snacks.

If you want more information on the are just give me a shout as I lived out there for a few years when my oldest daughter was a baby.
The best resort by far is hissaronu I've been to many parts of turkey but always prefer this area we stay in private rentals in the village of ovick just a short distance from hissaronu this resort gas everything a family needs. I also like icnelor but feel hisaronu is more child friendly and all trips are very cheap
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.