General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
holiday make up
50 Posts
i would love opinions of others on their make up especially a non flaking waterproof mascara

:que I haven't a clue, one for the ladies me thinks :D
I don't take very much on holiday . Usually have my eyelashes/brows tinted beforehand so that's daytime sorted and then my face usually gets pickled in the sun ,(lotion or not) so it's normally just a bit of liner , mascara and lippi for the evening .
i dont wear make up as such .....just a bit of eyeshadow, mascara , lip gloss/lipstick , but this year i am going to have my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted, would really like to have eyebrows tattooed.
When BA lost my luggage for my entire holiday in Goa I found out that I actually didn't need any :)
Fiona, being naturally gorgeous doesn't need to wear any makeup!

As I resemble Shrek's wife in the mornings, I do need to wear make-up even on holiday. Being blonde, the one thing I cannot do without is my Max Factor Waterproof mascara. I wear it all the time and haven't found any alternative to match it. Like most waterproof mascaras, it can be difficult to remove but I have found that Astal is best for me as it is gentle.
Oh my goodness, I am so glad my make up has never gone missing like Fiona's :yikes I am not a pretty sight in the morning, I must admit I still wear 'full make up' on hols , just a lesser application of bare minerals foundation, although after a long day on the beach, it has usually diminished to nothing, I do take a nice lip gloss to the beach for the ocassional 'touch up'.
:rofl at Sydney
I have never worn makeup during the day on holiday. Would stick on some eye shadow and lip gloss in the evenings but my lashes are really thick and long so mascara actually makes them look a bit ridiculous.
(the one thing I absolutely have to have is hair straighteners.)
I must admit I still wear 'full make up' on hols , just a lesser application of bare minerals foundation, although after a long day on the beach, it has usually diminished to nothing,

I don't wear foundation at all on hols during the day as I would have thought that constantly re-applying suncream would wipe it all off :que It's also the reason I don't wear any eye-shadow or mascara. I will put a light coating of lipstick on first thing in the morning and then I have a shimmering sun protecting stick for use during the day.

At night, I use a tinted moisturiser as I have to have something to blend in all the freckles the sun brings out. I also wear, eye-shadow, liner, mascarrs and lipstick/gloss in the evening.
Although I like the look I achieve wearing make up, I don't actually like the performance of putting it on. During the day therefore I don't wear anything other than my lip protector. For the evening, it's like Shirley said a tinted moisturiser to blend the freckles, a natural shade of eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara, blusher and lipstick. I bought one of those travel make up palettes on the plane one year and it's fantastic, has eyeshadows, lipstick, blusher & mascara in it. If my face has tanned nicely, then I don't even bother with the tinted moisturiser & just use my smashbox bronzer. It gives a lovely slightly shimmery finish.
I have a really good St Tropez bronzing powder which is excellent when you have a 'bit of colour' after the first few days.
Sydney :rofl

I just wear Waterproof Mascara during the day and keep in the fridge on holiday (along with lippy) and does help with the flaking. In the evening just Mascara and lippy with moisturiser of course, no foundation as usually have tan
Maybelline volume express in waterproof is one product I can't be without on holiday,stays put all day.
I have my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted before going. I don't wear any makeup during the day, only lip sunscreen, and usually only lipstick in the evenings. If we are going somewhere where we have to get 'dollied up' I will use mascara. I never wear foundation, even at home.
I don't like waterproof mascara as it's hard to get off so I always wear a non-waterproof one: Maybelline's
Define-a-lash is my preferred one & I don'e find any problems in the pool or sea ( although try hard to keep head above water!)
I like Mineral Foundation especially in the heat & even a VERY light dusting gives a nice finish. :tup
( when I was younger I never wore foundation but as I get older I find I need a bit more help!! :( )
toastedmallow wrote:

( when I was younger I never wore foundation but as I get older I find I need a bit more help!! :( )

Lol. I don't think I could fall into the younger category by anyone's defintion :rofl
Hi
I am rarely seen without mascara at home or on holiday, my eyelashes are so fair that if I dont wear any people ask if I am ill or have I forgotten to put my glasses on......and I dont even where them!!!! :think
I used to use Max Factor Aqua Lash but think they may have stoppped making it now as recently I couldnt find any in the shops.
I bought Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof mascara and it seems to do the job. I think it has replaced the Aqua Lash but about £4 dearer.....the price of vanity :)
I had my eyelashes tinted once,but wasnt very impressed and ended up putting mascara on anyway :really
M
thanks to everyone for replying, think i mite get my eyelashes tinted and then apply clear mascara, what do you think? would that help flaking etc. i will try some of the mascaras mentioned in the meantime, thanks again xphx :wave:
water proof and a water resistant mascara is what you need and then the trick is to put some vaseline on your fingers and rub it along the tips of your eyelashes ;)

works a treat!
I never wear make up during the day on hols but if you feel naked without it why not have your lashes died before you go? I've had that done once as part of an offer a beautician I know was doing but as it doesn't lengthen or thicken the lashes it made little difference as mine are dark anyway.

How about having some individual false lashes put on? Just a few - a saw some a lady at the gym had done the other week and for £15 quid they looked fab and had been told they'd last a good few weeks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.