General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
To delete cookies for a single site in Firefox, click on "Firefox" at the top left > Options > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies. You can them search for the site you want and delete the cookies.

luci :wave
luci HT Mod wrote:
To delete cookies for a single site in Firefox, click on "Firefox" at the top left > Options > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies. You can them search for the site you want and delete the cookies.

Just be aware that you need to search for ALL of the cookies containing eg "Thomson" - out of curiosity I looked yesterday on mine, and there were more than 50 cookies containing "Thomson" - God knows which one is the one affecting your potential price quote!! :yikes
To add what brewerdave was saying , I was looking for a flight on http://www.thomson.co.uk and on their home age in the top left hand corner it has a link that says " new statement on cookies" which explains how they use them and how many and the fact that you cant book anything without accepting them . They say that they are to help you in making your searches and choices more specific to you based on your selections and preferences , however they don't say that they will help you find the best price ;)
brewerdave wrote:
luci HT Mod wrote:

Just be aware that you need to search for ALL of the cookies containing eg "Thomson" - out of curiosity I looked yesterday on mine, and there were more than 50 cookies containing "Thomson" - God knows which one is the one affecting your potential price quote!! :yikes

Just delete them all.
I just checked my Thomson cookies, I have 27. Have removed them.

Edited - just checked my holiday in October and it came out more expensive.
carol47 wrote:
I just checked my Thomson cookies, I have 27. Have removed them.

Edited - just checked my holiday in October and it came out more expensive.

Is this within a few hours? or are you talking weeks?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.