General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Mel,
I know you can`t try them on first but you can get size 9`s on Ebay.
I`ve bought a few brand new pairs of shoes on there,and if they are no good I just sell them on there again.Sometimes I even make a profit!
Hi crew
Thank's i never even thought of looking on ebay i certainly have plenty to go on now.
Thanks everyone.
MEL :D
Thanks for this great tip :D

I suffer with swollen feet and ankles and always find that even if I have worn my sandals in before we go away, they always end up rubbing :bawl

Now I know what to do about it :D

Carol :wink:
Hi

This has to be one of the best tips I have found on HT. I always have sore feet on holiday, end up using lots of plasters.
Last year the same old thing happened, day 1 of the holiday about to go a walk in the evening and about to put 3 plasters on each feet and thought I would try some Vaseline instead. Thank goodness for Vaseline, my feet were the best condition ever.
So thanks again and try it, it does work !!!

Chelle
Glad to hear it works for you too Chelle :D
What a brilliant tip-thanks. We tried the baby oil today as my daughters flip flops were rubbing, problem sorted, once we put some oil on her little feet. karen x
RE size 9 sandals, Evans do most of their shoe range up to a ladies size 10 and they've got a lot trendier in recent years, but most of them come in wide fittings so might be too loose for you. On the other hand if you're anything like me you'll be glad of the room for expansion when your feet swell up in the heat!

SM
I spotted a pair of size 10 glittery mules today in GAP, they were quite expensive though so you should be able to find size 9's in there too, just a thought, the more options the better.

Shell :D
Shell remembered this tip from last year - tried it on my jollies and it worked a treat.
This is also a good site for shoes and sandals INVALID URL got some smashing Flyflots last year and only 14.99, delivery quick too
Heather
:D I swear by my "Flyflots" for my hols,its like wearing my slippers !

Diane :wave
ive started wearing my flip flops around the house,they're hurting my feet as I speak. Will give the baby oil a go,great tip :D
Thanks again everyone for you're help it is very much appreciated.

MEL :D
:thanks for the tip,shall try that this year,as I always have trouble with my toe posts rubbing. :thanks again
If only I could solve the problem of my poor swollen, aching feet as easily! It`s murder on holiday, as we like to walk quite a bit.
numberplease I used to have that problem too. I used arnica gel it's so cooling and soothing and takes the swelling down. I buy mine in 500ml size off QVC for £19.50. It's well worth the money and lasts for ages.
Check it out here

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?dept=ukAKOCRQ
Thank you, Bluebabe, must admit I`ve never heard of Arnica gel before, I`ll give it a try. Maybe this year walking will be a pleasure not a pain!
Ive not brought any sandles yet as hate them rubbing but i always end up in Brantano - am size 8 wide ish fitting, the size 9s range is good too Mel :D Evans do 9s in fact up to 14s i think but they all come up too wide on me. Barratts also do a tall&small range, think theres an online store called the shoe taylor too?

Will try that tip Shell :D thanks for that.

Alison :D
Arnica gel is excellent for all sorts of things especially minor grazes and bruises on the kids(from playing) You can get it in health food shops and chemists. Great as you said on the old footsies. I also put in legs and feet on the plane- no swelling when you land
Hi lallygirl, as you know the benefits of Arnica it's worth buying the big one and QVC is the only place to get it. Price wise it works out cheaper in the long run, and it's the best quality Arnica you'll get. Sorry to prattle on but I like to see people get the best for their money.

Helenxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.