General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
What a good idea!! Never thought of that before and have certainly suffered with flip flips in the past! Guess what I'm going out to buy now??!! :D
I always use Vaseline - it does a similar job to baby oil. I find that the Vaseline rubs off onto the shoes and makes them smoother. I also find that if you're putting sun cream on your feet, this will do the same thing with your flip flops. :D
Thanks for the tip, I always get blisters on top of blisters which is a nightmare when deciding what to pack for my holidays, my hubby can,t believe it when we go for a walk and I have to make sure I have loads of plasters in my bag. I see all these great sandles in the shops now but I am very limited what styles I can buy, so I will try baby oil and vaseline- heres hoping :thanks Sue
It's strange though, as I always take a zillion pairs of shoes on my hols and usually end up wearing my jesus sandals all the time anyway!
Shell..sorry to sound thick but do you rub the oil where the toe post goes between your toes or round the back of the shoe.My daughter got such bad blisters from one pair of shoes that she is permanently scarred.
Hi hbrac, not a thick question at all :D I tend to just rub the oil where the sandals/flip-flops rub. I had a pair of toepost sandals a couple of years ago and they rubbed the top of my feet, so I just rubbed some oil on the part that was being rubbed, this is how I discovered it and it solved the problem. It may not work for everyone but I've found it a great help hope it works for you :D

Shell :wave
Thanks Shell I'll certainly buy some.Up until now I have steered clear of toe posts because I knew it would be a while before they were worn in enough to be comfortable.
Hope it does the trick for you :D
I bought a jar of Foot Balm from Avon last year that works on exactly the same principal.But I found that baby oil tended to soak in after a while where as the Foot Balm was waxy and stayed until washed off again.On GMTV a few weeks ago they suggested rubbing candle wax on the part of the shoe that would be likely to rub.
I can see some red faces at the airport if our candles, vaseline and baby oil roll out of the case :oops:

I've just bought a couple of pairs (as you do -one's never enough) of toe posts and flip flops and have started wearing them around the house to 'wear' them in.
yes i bought some new sandals, leather ones they are lovely but i can feel a few sore bits in the sunshine so i cant thank you enough for this topic, will try it today with some vasline and try and break them in
I can see some red faces at the airport if our candles, vaseline and baby oil roll out of the case

:shock: :lol:

sallybear, if the vaseline doesn't work try the oil as it does tend to be a bit more greasier :D

Shell :D
What a fab tip, thanks this is why Ht is a fab site.
Thanks for the tip shell, i will deffinitely give this a go ive got a feeling that im going to have a lot of blisters while on holiday (got 2 weeks of theme parks in florida).
Thats if i ever find a pair of sandals that fit me im a size 9 and im having great difficulty finding some nice sandals for my holiday so if anyone knows of anywhere that does trendy sandals in size 9 i would be very grateful if you could let me know.
Cheers
MEL :D
Hiya Mel, do you have a Brantano near you, I noticed they go up to a size 9 in sandals. Hope you manage to find some :D

Shell :D
Hi shell
No we dont have a Brantano here infact i have nerver heard of it, thanks anyway i might do a search on web and find out where the nearest one is.

Hi Mel :D

There are three stores in Derbyshire.

Burton-on-Trent...

CLICK HERE

Heanor...

CLICK HERE

Ilkeston...

CLICK HERE

Philippa :D
Thanks pippy
Im deffinitely going to visit one of these stores, i think more high street stores should be selling trendy shoes in big sizes.
Im going to have the same problem with my daughter she is 14 and already in a size 8 LOL.
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.