Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We had 1042 last time- in a great position, I thought it was a standard room- does anyone know if it is or not please?

Jules x
I have now managed to book and am sharing with my Mum, Dad and brother, which should be interesting as I am 40, and my brother 35!

I wonder how we can get the biggest room possible, we were there last year (my brother and I), so that may help.
Also which room, last time we were in 1042, and that seemed spacious, but there was 2 of us!

Is it easy to get camp beds put up. The room confirmation says 2 queens beds, so I will need a camp bed putting up!

Thanks all!

Jules x
nigandjules We tried to book direct as we had heard the same as yourself about booking direct. The manager explained that the hotel was contracted exclusive to First Choice and we would have to go through them.

Btw 'Holiday Hypermarket' is First Choice again.

EDIT// Just read your last post. Glad you got sorted. How are you getting there from the airport? Have First Choice let you book a seat on their transfer coach?
I have now managed to get the booking changed and I sharing with my folks in their room (my brother too). I have the package, so transfers too.
I am just hoping the room is big enough, or possibly they upgrade us as we were there last year.

The hotel have not replied to my last 2 emails, even to say they can't help, which I do fine somewhat rude, but i am hoping we will still find there service on holiday at it's usual high and welcoming standard!

Jules x
hi
i emailed the hotel and got a prompt reply saying they would do their best to accomodate my requests.
Does anyone know if they have wi fi anywhere in the hotel free or payable ?
Looking forward to going now as the weather seems to have picked up again
Suzanne
Suzanne,
Yes they do have wi-fi, but I believe it's payable. I was told that it doesn't work that well in all the rooms, it depends where your room is. There's also an 'Internet Suite' in a small room near Reception and you have to pay for that too.
I got round it by using a local pay-as-you-go SIM card in my mobile and accessing the internet that way.
HB
Its about 18 months since I was there, but I am sure there was free wi-fi in Starbucks which is across the road from the HV if thats any help.
The wifi in starbucks wasn't free but was really cheap but was difficult to connect to as you had to click on an e-mail/text link to activate and we never managed to do that everything kept crashing/freezing when we tried. A little further along from Starbucks there is a Burger King either they or the pub next door (The Bus Stop I think) do have free wifi and its instant connection. Not sure whose wifi it was as we picked it walking past but didn't actually go in.
Hi all, anyone know what a "continuing room- sleeps 1- 8 people" is please? We are 4 adults, maybe is it adjoining rooms?

If it is do you also know what block or where they are likely to be?

Thanks for your help.
Jules
Morning All,

Can anyone tell me if they have stayed in a Suite at the HV? I am very tempted by a very good price or a two weeks family holiday! I have a 16 & 10yr old so need a bit more space! Are they worth the upgrade? Do they have sea views?

Thanks in advance

Debs x
Myself, hubby and 15 year old daughter will be visiting holiday village on 24/04/11 from Birmingham. Any one else with teenage children visiting at this time. Nothing worse than bored teens LOL !!!
Hi :wave: Can anyone recommend the best swim up block please?
We have just returned from 11 nights at the Holiday Village Red Sea and I have posted a review unde the Holiday Truths Hotel review section.

Earlier in this thread there was some post about tummy problems here and I just wanted to mention something about this.

My wife had the Egyptian tummy for a day, and I felt odd a few times - this was despite doing all the right things such as washing hands after going to the toilet, using the hand sanitizers before eating, having no ice in drinks, drinking no alcohol until the evening, drinking plenty of water, keeping mouth closed in the pool and when taking a shower and brushing teeth with bottled water.
The First Choice reps gave very poor advice to my wife, telling her to eat normally and get something from the local pharmacy. What she actually did was just have bottled water for 24 hours and was fine afterwards.
Hi is anyone going the the red sea holiday village in shram in the next couple of months,we are after a phone number or an email address where we can contact them direct.we had a mobile number for the manager last year but we can not get through to him any help would be very grateful.
I have 2 boys, 3 and 8 ..... which would be best for them if the upgrade is available? Swim up room or kids den?
so excited, hope good reviews are correct as trying to ignore any bad!
worried about the mozzies though as I get bitten really badly,
any advice?
You won't be allowed to upgrade to the swim up suites, no children under the age of 16 are allowed in them - Health and Safety rules !
That's strange, i have a friend who has kids younger than mine and they have stayed in swim up rooms twice??
we were offered an up grade to a swim up room when we went in feb this year and had a 15 and 11 yr old with us
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.