Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi all,
Well we have also just arrived back tonight,we have had a fab holiday,it really is beautiful over there...

I will post a review when i have finished unpacking,but i give you a few pointers for now.....

You will need to take a hairdryer as the ones in the room dont work,Dont have a massage at Royal spa-they will come round the pool to ask you,we had major problems after we had paid them down at the spa-as they had added it to our room bill which took alot of sorting out.
Ask in the shop (near first choice desk) about glass bottom boat trip,he is alot cheaper than Aquarius.
First Choice reps are awful,they really cant be bothered to help you at all,i thought they were ment to help you if you had any problems-like we did with the spa bill,but to help us would of ment getting off their backsides which i dont think they know how too!!!
Would like to add i dont mean the Entertainment staff-they were the best i have seen!!!

Buffet Restaurant-you can wear what you like obviously put a kaftan on over a bikini and men need a top on but other than that,there is no set rules.
I had a really dodgy tummy for the last few days and so did my children,none of us felt ill with it,we just needed to be close to a toilet.I did get Antinol and took maybe 2 or 3 of them,then i forgot but am fine.I didnt give my children them though as i dont really like to give them things like that,i just gave them diaoralyte for a few days.

I was concerned about what drinks they would have for children so i will let you all know just incase anyone is interested-milk,apple,pineapple,orange,water,all fizzys and they make a really nice drink for them called a sea breeze.
I really cant fault the place itself and the Egyptian staff,they really cant do enough for you and i will be going back.
Any questions please ask-Juliemelvin im glad you had a great time too,last nights entertainment was so funny did you see it??
tourist going to stop at the hoilday village in sharm should have a look at this http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=67914
The panto??? Yes I can honeslty say I've never laughed so much, the acts they bring in too are great, Gareth Oliver was amazing, i was actually crying with laughing at him. It's stupidly cold here this morning and I wish I was back!
runningcaz - We weren't in a position to rebook whilst we were out there :( . Since coming home I have priced the same 2 weeks next year and it is about £1000 more, Easter £1500 more and for a week at Oct half term its £800 more :-x :banghead: . I would say anyone going soon if you like it and want to go back book it while you are there.
We re-booked whilst there,and as i say it was cheaper than re-booking over here. We got 2 adults and 2 kids for 2 weeks in May foor £1900. Bargain I thought. We paid £1800 this year so was a little bit more. Lot's of saving to do now.They did say that if you get a quote from HV you can then ask first choice in uk to match the price and they will. They did want the full deposit before we left which as about £600, but we said we want to pay the low dep of £30 each which they let us do.
To those who are going soon,don't worry you will have a great time.
We are due to go next thursday, but have been told by first choice the fault in the paper was based on last years holiday,when the hotel wasnt fully functional.
Were going to go out there with an open mind evenone expect different, and if the bathroom isnt fully grouted i wont be complaining as you dont spend two weeks in :) there, unless you get il!!, and friends of ours came back last week and said everything was brill there and they didnt get ill!!
Just dont no what to do am due out in eight weeks have seriously looked into changing my holiday. Have to make my mind up by Thursday i wish i knew the answer. More good than bad first choice have said no one ill this week well thats not true is it. What did the mirror have to say
Hola!
Thanks for some positive posts at last! Well that was until the post about the worst place to go on holiday!!! Aaaaarrrrggggghhh!!!!!
This is all sooooooo stressfull, is it too much to ask to go on holiday and have a good time?! ha ha
As we're off net Thursday its obviously too late for us to change our holiday so i'm just hoping and praying it will all be ok.
One thing's for sure, hopefully we'll cope with the heat a little better as we're used to hot summers living in Spain.
Well, i for one plan to have a fab holiday and just watch what we all eat and drink!!!!
Wish me luck! :angel2
Thanks for all your replies. My husband thinks we should stick with it and take the chance, frying pan into the fire etc. I know that the manager of the HV reads this forum as well as the others so hopefully he will take on board all the complaints and teething problems and try to get them sorted.
Chica, hope you have a fab time and please let us know how it goes!!!
Hi Dolly....Will definately let you know how the holiday goes. At the end of the day a holiday is what you make it...so watch this space i'll give you all the details when we get back!

Chica,Spain :wave:
I know some folk dont have a choice of when they go but I think the intense heat is a major factor regarding the illnesses.
You have to drink more cold drinks,need the air conditioning on most of the time and the hotel has to cater for more guests.
When I was there in November/December it was perfect.I didnt hear anyone complaining of tummy upsets,the food was lovely and it only got up to about 85c! :sun2
Thank you Jay Trip, its always reassuring to hear from people who have had a good time and enjoyed their holiday at the RS HV.

:D
we returned last night from the holiday village and my husband and myself both had stomach pains and diarraah but the kids were totally fine. I dont think it was the food just a combination of many different things and being in a totally different country. My friend returned a week before me and stayed at the LTI Grand Azure and was exactly the same.

Just be prepared for it but believe me the hotel is the cleanest place you will have stayed in and you will have a fantastic time. I would return right now given the chance!!!

The Holiday Village is situated 15 mins from the airport and 30mins from Nama Bay, there's a McDonalds just outside of the main entrance and there's also a big sign up saying theres a Hard Rock Cafe coming soon which will be good.
Still dont know if im going got to decide today. Have emailed resident manager for latest update. Do you know if you can use your all inclusive bands on your day of departure we wont leave till 7 ish i dont think we have already booked a late check out in the uk. Do you normally get to keep the same room any more good reports send them in.
hi, yes you can use your band until your leave. I really wouldn't worry too much, we did have the tummy bug but everything else is amazing, try to be prepared for it and just make sure you drink plenty of water. It's an amazing complex with fantastic people, some of the reviews Ive read from people that were there at the same time of me are hard to believe and i think if they were that extreme how did we not hear about them when we were there too!! I am the worlds biggest complainer and had no reason too complain about anything, we expected to have a dodgy tummy and to be honest mine passed within 2 days, my hubbies lasted longer still has it infact!! I wouldnt cancel i think anywhere in egypt would be the same, it's just so different.

if you've got any other questions just ask.
HI, really dont panic!!!

No mossies at all, we did take a plug in but none were there anyway.
The fridge in the room is a mini bar, we removed the stuff from the fridge and just kept it to one side and filled fridge with water which you get at breakfast every morning, we then put the stuff back in when we left so dont get charged for it as it's quite expensive.
I requested block 6 after reviews on here, i emalied the hotel (cant remember sorry but it is on here somewhere) and requested block 6 with a bath (yes we had a kids den) as some only have showers, they emailed straight back confirming this and we did get it, room 6203 which was on second floor (only 2 floors anyway), with a huge balcony overlooking the childrens end of the main pool and also the sea, would recommend this roon, really handy if you do want to use your own room for the toilet when you are at the pool, although the pool ones are kept very clean, as is the whole complex.

The kids coped with the heat better than we did! One night it was 34 degrees at 9.15pm! Air con in the rooms is fab, just make sure you drink plenty of water, you do need lots especially the kids. It wasnt unbearable as there's always a nice breeze from the sea.

My kids are 9 and 5 and they were both fine, wouldnt 100% put it down to the food but they never ate any meat at all, just stuck with pasta, pizza, chips and bread buns!!!

Theres loads of shade around the pool too but they are the beds which go first, we never had a problem getting a bed but u do need to be there at 10am as if you are not they will remove your towels from your bed, even if u r in the pool, so stay by your bed at 10am!! You only need to take a couple of your own beach towels as you get clean pool towels every day, tip tho, carry your towels yourself as they expect a tip for simply carrying them to your beds! Just insist you can manage!

Hope I've answered everything you asked!
Juliemelvin

Have tried to contact the HV on many occasions and emails have always been returned how did you get hold of them to request your room number and block.
Many Thanks for all your help
holidayvillage@coralsearesports.com get emailing!!!
it should be coralsearesorts in the mail adress, sorry!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.