Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Like the last message - myself, my husband and 2 kids (2 & 4 year old) are going in late July.

Anyone been recently?

Do we need a pushchair for the 4 year old?
Do we need to take a kettle?
Has anyone had a select room (we've booked one) - what extra do you get?
Are there any recommended restaurants locally (we're all inclusive but would like to venture out in the evenings)?
How long is the transfer from the airport?
How much is it to hire a safe for 2 weeks?
Do you have to put a deposit down on TV remotes?

I'm sure I'll think of more but that's enough to go on!

Thanks
Yes you can go for 10 or 11 nights as well from selected airports. The transfer time is approx 50 mins and is first drop off and last pick up on return. It is definitely worth going A I as they dont cater as much for SC, you can upgrade over there if you want to wait and decide at the time. The other prob wth SC is they dont take any cash on site it is all charged to your room card which can let you run up a large bill without realising.
My family and I are returning to HVV at the beginning of August for 2 weeks, after enjoying a week last year, it is a really nice place for families here and I hope I have helped you with your queries. Happy holidays :D :ghug :glynis
looking on the first choice site the only seem to go from London airports ?
No, we flew from Edinburgh last year and could have flown from Glasgow had the flight times suited us. When we were at HVV we met people from all over who flew from their local airports ie Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle etc.
Yes they fly from other airports like East Mids, Manchester and Birmingham.
posted my review :D any questions please ask
Hi to everyone going to HVV , booked this holiday last year, been watching the reviews all seem brilliant cant wait to go on 28/7/07 for two weeks. Any one else going same time see you there and have a great time. :D 8)
Hi there marktina will see you there off out on 7 Aug for 2 weeks Happy hols :D :glynis
thanks dinner-ladyhope to see you there lets hope weather is better there and have great time marktina :D :glynis :D
Hi
We go in October and we would like to know more about the AI option. We have paid for S/C but intended to upgrade when we get there.
Could anyone tell me what the AI includes is it:
Local drinks or branded and what time does the bar close.
Thank you
Margaret
Hi there everyone I am currently out at HVV the weather is hot hot hot the food is fab and the beer is great 8)
hi there dinner-lady glad the weather got better your first couple of days were'nt to good thought the pool was freezing on them days over all had a great time made better that we won full house on bingo .. margaret the drinks are local drinks you can buy named brands we didn't find the need to and the bar shuts at 12 o'clock :D
Thank you for the info. Not that we drink much (hic) :roll:
Margaret
I don't drink much normally either but when we went to the Holiday Village last October I found myself getting quite merry most nights and even had a hangover (the reason I don't drink) on a couple of occasions. Didn't realise we were drinking as much but when you get into the company of others and the men keep going to the bar you really don't keep a tally on how much you're drinking. We had a brilliant holiday and I'm sure you will too.
Hi there Marktina are you still out here, we arrived on the 7th? You are right we had 2 dodgy days but after that it has got hotter and hotter each day. We also won the bingo last night we shared the full house but hey it was still over 300 euros each, which means a little more retail 8) just off to start week 2 tanning Also thought that the complementary fruit and champagne they delivered to the room was a nice touch 8)
Hi, we are flying out 6am Monday morning. Can somebody please answer a couple of questions:

1) How was the coach journey from the airport, was it lots of winding roads and did it take longer that 1 hour?

2) What is the sunbed situation like?

3) Is it worth taking towels, does the towel hire system the hotel have work?
hi dinner-lady sorry for late reply but been back at work we left on 11 august :cry: glad the weather got better hope you enjoy it as much as we did nice to here you won the bingo it gave us a free fortnight matktina alithompson the coach journey is about 1 hour it's motorway then small roads sunbeads no problem all chained up the problem is you have to get up for 9o'clock to get them so not much of any sleepins towels work great change them every other day saves all the extra weight in you suit case just need 5 euros deposet for each towel witch is refunded when returned. have a great time i know you will marktina :D
Hi, i'm due to go 29th sept. We are booked as self catering but now wondering whether all inclusive would be better. First choice say they can't upgrade me now and will need to wait until we get there. Has anyone upgraded once they were there and how much was it?
Thanks
Hiya, this is my first time posting on this forum and some of the advice given is great, really helpful!
We have just booked to go next year, 3rd June 2008 for one week (AI). Our children will be 4 and 2.
Has anyone been in early June? What was the weather like? Were there loads of older kids? I know each year differs, but any experiences you have had would be great.
Thanks,
Hayley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.