General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It certainly seems an odd way of doing things but is quite possibly genuine, as if the voucher is to be made out for a specific company they would need to know which one to make it out for and this way he has time to think about that. I'm not sure of the cost of an 0870 number but it isn't extortionate like some of the 09 numbers and if he only has to give the name of the company the call could be quite short. It would probably be worth him having a look at which companies offer the sort of holiday he wants and £1,000 would cover and giving it a go. In some ways it sounds better than being offered a holiday where you are told which company to book with, as you have far more choice. Best of luck to him and do let us know how it works out.
Hi,
Yes, I think you're right, it is worth giving them a call. I never use travel agents as I book direct with hotel & flight, so, would you say Thomsons would be a good company to give the name of, they all seem to have merged now so am not sure of any others.

He also wants us to have the voucher (if its legit) so it depends on whether they could put it in our name.

These things just don't happen to our family, thats why it seems too good to be true!!

Thank you for your advice, I will certainly let you know the outcome.

Deb.
The only thing that concerns me is, I would have expected them to give him a list of options, eg several holiday companies, rather than carte blanche to choose any one.

luci :wave
Try putting the 0870 number in here.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

This might tell what the company is.
Hi,

Yes I did try that, it didn't find any results. Thank you for the link.

She actually said it was for Kleenex & Piriton products, I was wondering who owns these companies, ie: like lever own persil (Ithink).

Apparently she said just to name a provider eg: last minute.com, so I assume whoever he names it will just be a voucher to the value of £1000.

He does remember entering the competition while at work (well know supermarket).

Lots of companies use 0870 no's & as said before it won't be an extotionate cost.

I just don't know what holiday company to name?

Deb.
Hi,

I would imagine so, she just said last minute com as an example. I just rung the number to hear who they said they are, she said it was candor or kandor marketing, I just said I'd got the wrong number. Could be totally wrong spelling of course! I have done a google on them but nothing much comes up.

I think he'll have to give them a ring tomorrow.
you said the promotion was at the store he worked at. They should be able to put his mind at ease
I actually think it is ok, he has nothing to lose by ringing them which he will do tomorrow.

Just got to think of a company to name.

Thank you for all your help.

Will let you know what happens tomorrow.

Deb.
Before you commit yourself to a company, I would call the number and ask them to list some options for you in case they come up with one you haven't thought about.

luci :wave
Thanks luci thats exactly what we thought.

I just hope if it is all good, there is no expiry date too soon, as we are going for our fortnight away in 3 weeks time. Great for next year though!

He definate that hubby & I are to use them bless him.

I will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks all for your time & help.

Deb.
Hi,
Well my son rung them this morning to ask if he could put the voucher in our names & she said she will have to check the terms & conditions.

She says she will ring him back either today or monday, so no real news as yet.

Will obviously update IF she rings back.

Thanks again for all you advice.

Deb.
Hi again,

Well it looks like hubby & I will get a holiday next year. He spoke to the lady in question today & yes he can put the vouchers in our name, she is going to buy them & ring him back to arrange delivery by courier - I can't believe this. I have asked for Thomson vouchers as my son asked us to do something different than our usual Majorca holidays. Have found a nice holiday to Egypt, we haven't been there before, so will be exciting.

What a lovely son we have :)

Will update when we hear anything more.

Thanks for all your advice, I knew I could trust my fellow HT people. ;)

Deb.
That sounds fantastic :tup glad it all seems to be genuine.

I've had a few phone calls over the last couple of months claiming i've won holidays etc.. from doing online surverys, thing is, you forget what you have and haven't done. Never have phoned any of the numbers given me as I always expect them to be fake and just cost me a fortune!

You need to get that holiday booked up now! :D Well done :sun2
Brilliant news Deb! I'm so pleased for you! :tup
Hi,

Thank you, although I have to say ' I will believe it more when the voucher is here....'

Deb.
Hope everything goes to plan for you Deb. It's looking very promising. Lucky you -a free hol to Egypt. Good on your son for thinking of his mum and Dad - he sounds lovely!
That's wonderful news and I'm sure you'll have a super time. What a lovely son you have - perhaps it's be because he things you're lovely parents.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.