Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I know when we booked our thomson accomodation only last Oct 08, (For this Oct 09), we had to pay the full amount.

We also had to pay the full amount for the flights too.

As you are looking to go in the next 8 weeks, whether it be a package holiday, or seperate flights, and accomodation - I'm afraid you'll have to stump up the full amount.

I do know however, if you book your accomodation through benidorm spotlight (Which I can recommend, as I have booked through this firm before). You pay a 10% deposit, and the rest on arrival.

http://www.benidorm-spotlight.com/

Good luck

Belly
Package holidays will require a deposit but the low cost airlines will all require you to pay in full for a flight. Wintersunshine holidays, Alpha rooms, Apartments Abroad will take a deposit for accomodation. As Bellyballyboo says Thomson on their build your own holiday will require payment in full , their package holidays are deposit only. Travelpepublic might put a package together and take a deposit. Charter fights you can book and pay a deposit.

When are you wanting to go in Oct, give us your requirements and I`m sure you will get some replies pointing you in the right direction.
If you get accommodation through the Beninter agency they take 10% deposit (credit card) at the time of booking and then charge the balance to your card seven days before your arrival. I think with Gestaltur you pay cash on arrival (why I haven't used them!)
By October, hotels should start to have vacancies so you could also book direct with a hotel. Hotels don't generally expect to be paid in advance.
Low cost scheduled airlines demand to be paid in full and don't give refunds if you cancel.
http://www.sunmaster.co.uk/

I have booked to go to Tenerife with these in September. I paid £100 deposit and then the balance 12 weeks before departure. They have some good late deals aswell.

Rachael
x
I have just booked for next year with First Choice and it was £30 deposit per person with the balance payable 12 weeks before travel

Hope this helps

Kitten
Kitten

I thought there was a top up deposit 8 weeks after booking, if booked online.
Just to be on the safe side I would check this. But if you booked in a travel agents this may differ.
No there is definately no top up deposit i dont have to pay the rest of the balance til april next year and i booked that on First Choices website
I think it must be pretty new as when we booked for this year we had to do the top up deposit but maybe it gives more people the insentive to book when you only need a small amount to actually reserve your hols

I think its a really good idea as like my sisters and myself did you can usually come up with £30 to secure it safe in the knowledge you have a good while to save for the remainder

We cant wait we havnt had this years hols yet :rofl and next years is now also booked :hols

We are staying at the fabulous Levante Club Hotel in sunny Benidorm in October and then already have next June in Tenerife to look forward to on our return home
:cheers

Hope this helps

Kitten
Thats okay then, must be a new thing.

Funnily enough stayed at the Levante Club Hotel earlier this year, our second visit, really like the hotel.
Have a fabulous time.

Regards Caz
we booked for next febs beni trip a few weeks ago with thompson and only payed a £30 per person deposit
I've booked accomm only with Sol Melia a couple of times and they charge nil deposit, you pay the whole amount at the hotel/apartment using either cash or plastic.

They currently have a special offer on throughout October at both the Sol Pelicanos/Ocas and the Sol CostaBlanca (offer ends 18/08)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.