Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi :wave:

Not much info yet as it just opened about 2 weeks ago or so, mentioned at the bottom of this http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=150335&p=1525263#p1525263
Hi,

I was just wodering if anyone knows an email address for this hotel as the one i tried doesnt work any longer.

Many thanks

Laura
Just returned from HV Manar after 11 nights 1st to 12th June. The place is fantastic. I tried writing a review but it didn't work so I have cut and pasted it here...

Firstly may I state that we are seasoned veterans of Holiday Villages, this being our 5th visit to a Holiday Village. Previously we have been to villages in Turkey, Egypt and Lanzarote (both old and new one) and I have to say this one is right up there as one of the best.

Hotel Cleanliness: This is the cleanest of the HV we have been to so far. The staff are very attentive and are constantly cleaning everywhere, particularly in the food areas. In addition the rooms are leaned to a high standard nearly everyday. Bins were constantly emptied on site and they even employ a recycling system for your waste. Also designated nappy bins are dotted around the site.
5 out of 5.

Hotel Food: Was of a high standard with plenty of choice ranging from a different BBQ meat each day (Turkey, Chicken, Tuna, Liver etc) which was available outside at main restaurant to various pasta dishes and an excellent salad bar. Food was always hot and very nicely presented. For the kids there was chicken nuggets and spaghetti available everyday. My kids (7 & 3) loved the adult spaghetti bolognese which they ate nearly everyday.
4 out of 5.

Hotel Location: About 20 mins taxi from Hammamet on an absolutely gorgeous private beach. As with all beaches in Tunisia the sand is beautiful and the beach was immaculately clean. There is not much surrounding the hotel apart from a handful of shops, cafes and restaurants and a water park. There is a restaurant about 10 mins walk from HV called La terrasse which was absolutely fantastic where a Filet Mignon would set you back only £10 (22 Tun Dinar). You must visit this restaurant just for the desserts!!!
3 out of 5.

Hotel Staff: Each and every one of them were fantastic. They are very helpful and always smiling and can't do enough for you. They are especially great with the kids. If you can speak a little french to them aswell they are even more appreciative. The local hotel staff here were the best staff we have experienced in a HV so far.
5 out of 5.

Entertainment: As with all HV the vast majority is performed by the actual First Choice staff. Though not always the best singers they are very enthusiastic and know how to put on a show. The night begins at 19:30pm with the kiddies disco and entertainment which runs to around 9pm after which there is Bingo and the adult entertainment. The resident compere Smithy is fantastic and really knows how to get the night going and he is backed up by a very lively and energetic team including an ex Take That tribute member.
During the day the reps put on loads of daytime activities for kids and adults.
Kids clubs are fantastic both my kids loved them.
Special mention must go the the football and swimming academies who were fantastic with my kids. The football is played on a state of the art astro-turf pitch which even has its own little spectator stand.
4 out of 5.

We thoroughly enjoyed our 11 nights in the HV Manar and would definitely go back again.

Any questions you can PM me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.