Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi all, can anyone give me any help or opinions for the Magic Life Club Manar :?: Were thinking of going for 1 week at the beginning of Jan.
Thanks
Dave
Im planning a nice little break in September. Can you fine people help me with any of the following enquiries?

1) I would like a people carrier or something spacious with A/C from Monastir Airport to Hammamet. What's the most this could cost in £?

2) Has anyone got any comments on the Hotel Magic Life Manar Imperial?

3) We like doing things. We might perhaps go horse riding, diving, wind surfing, dune buggying, visit ruins, go on coastal cruises.... all these things that make a trip special. Has anyone found anything special they can recommend??? Would be very happy to hear of gulets that can be hired out, or just one day cruises along the coast.

4) Is the culture intolerant of girls wearing bikinis on the beach?

5) asides from hotel restaurants and bars, are there any elegant and swish looking places around the coast. Have legs, can travel!

Cheers & have a great 2006!!
SD
Hi, Unfortunatly car hire is fairly expensive in Tunisia compared to some EU destinations, it costs me around £ 290 for an average size car per week. These can be bookes on-line, with car rental companys, or through travel agent or even once in resort.

The Manar is a fantastic hotel and is not only popular with us holiday makers it is also held in high regard with the locals , who many say is one of the best hotels.

Even though Tunisia is a muslim country they are not strict about bikins on beaches although I would avoid being topless as this may cause offence and there is regular horseback beach patrols, and you wouldnt get locked up for being topless but like I say it is a Muslim country.

I hope this helps and you have a great time I would definatly recommend it as my husbands family live around 500m away and I love to use their facilities, quite luxurious!!! :D
Hi there, next Sunday I am going to Tunisia to stay in the Magic Life hotel. There are hardly any reviews on the internet to do with this hotel so I was wondering if anyone here has every been or have heard what it's like. I can't wait to go but it's the waiting to find out what it's like that's killing me so if anyone could give me a little in sight that would be great. :)
:shock: Hello!

I am thinking of booking this resort in may 2007 for my daughters 5 th birthday. I have looked this place up on thomson who have a really good price considering its a 5* all inclusive resort.........

however!

I do find it strange there is hardly anything in ways of reviews for this resort here or any where else on the web? Does anybody know anything about it?

Anyone?

Hello??????

thanks!!
I've just had a quick look and if you type the FULL name of the hotel and Tunisia into google you'll be able to find a few reviews

Hope that helps
We are off to Magic Life Manar on October 1st for 7 nights .

Will post a report on our return.

Have looked on internet for reports on this hotel and I was very surprised that not one person had a bad word to say about the hotel.

So am really looking forward to it.

have also emailed hotel to ask a couple of questions and had replies back within 1/2 hour so perhaps service will be really good .

Watch this space 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Ed
Hi everyone,

There are a couple of reviews for the Magic Life Maner Hotel at http://www.tripadvisor.com. Hope this helps :D
Myself and my girlfriend are also off to the Magic Life Manar (24th June - 8th July).

A few questions though...

Any tips on what is unmissable and what to leave out?
Is there much to do around the hotel itself (souks, historic sites, etc)?
How far is the hotel from the town centre, would public transport be easy to use?
Just realised never posted a report on our return.

This was a rellay excellent hotel to stay at. Everything was first class 24hr all inclusive.

All water sports on beach included

4 AL A Carte restaurants all excellent - Italian was the best for the lamb chops. Buffet restaurant was also excellent - Actually felt sorry for people on coach back to airport as everybody was moaning about the food and drinks in their hotels and how they had lost weight on holiday . We were struggling to find something not too like . Even at lunch time you had a choice of about 5 restaurants to eat from.

Drinks were 1st class

All branded Coke Fanta etc in fridge in room

Amazing pools with water slides . Adult only pools . Lovley indoor pool 3 jacuzis sauna staem room.

In all could not fault this hotel. wWe spent about £ 20.00 all week and that was just on a taxi into Yasmin Hammamet which again was really nice to walk around this was only because the weather was a little bit cloudy . You could walk out of the hotel there were few shops close by and ten minutes further walking we found a couple of bars.

I have been looking on Thomsons website and very little availability for this year.

Not many english at hotel i would say oonly about 5% of guest but this was not a problem to us.

All in all had a really fantastic time and really could not find one thing to moan about

ED
8) 8)
I've been informed that we've been relocated (downgraded) to the Magic Life Africana, due to an 'overbooking situation', FIVE MONTHS after booking our holiday... :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.