Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We stayed here with our teenage younger son last May/June for 2 weeks and enjoyed it very much. We had a twin room which Thomson described as sleeping 2/3 adults. However the third bed was just a folding camp bed and not brilliant for a 5' 9" lad. Thomson brochure mentions a family room, but we were unable to get the website to offer us this option. This might suit you if you can get one, but otherwise you will want 2 twins.

As to amenities near the hotel. Well, there is a fairly small commercial area with shops and cafes very near, by the lake of Titreyengol. The dolmus into Side starts here. Taxis wait outside the hotel, which you might as well use as there are 4 of you and they are not expensive. When we wanted to visit the Manavgat waterfall, the taxi took us and waited until we were ready to go back and it didn't cost much at all. Very civilised really!

We did the 3 day trip to Cappadocia while we were there and it was amazing. Thomson only do a 2 day trip which must be far too short considering the distances involved. We booked at an agency in Side. We also booked a quad bike trip there. Also visited Manavgat market by taxi.

The hotel really is all inclusive. Cakes at tea-time. Cocktails before dinner. Food good with a lot of show cooking. We usually had lunch at the beach restaurant. Good shows in the evening, followed by a live group playing music by the pool.

My son loved the free banana boat rides and had dozens of goes, all free. You could also do waterskiing free. He also liked the waterslides, which are very high and long and the 'crazy river' which is a sort of rapids ride in a ring, which you have to wear a helmet for and be over 12 I think. There are plenty of lifeguards at the 2 pool, the slides and the beach, which is reassuring.

The chain is an Austrian one, and most of the guests are therefore German speaking. This wasn't a problem though as all signs and announcements are in English as well.

There are 2 pools, one quiet and 1 activity, which is a good idea I think. The quiet one was the one with waves, near the slides.

Please ask anything else you want to know. :)
Hi we were hoping to go to Magic life this summer (2008) but couldn't get booking info on line and after phoning Thomson they told us that they no longer deal with this hotel. Have you found anywhere else that you can book this hotel through? The only info I can find is via Germany. Not sure why Thomson have stopped using them though there may be a problem at the hotel, not sure. Any info you have found out would be appreciated, as it took ages to trawl through the brochures and choose this hotel, don't fancy starting again as this offers everything we wanted. Good luck!
Well I just ried putting in dates in September from Gatwick and the Thomson website is still offering this hotel. So I think you were misinformed! It is probably just fully booked for the dates you want. Try other dates or else start booking earlier for next year!
Hi, thanks, you are right I just tried the same and it offered me the hotel in September. I spoke to Thomson Advisory Dept and after telling me "it can't possibly be fully booked" they told me that they no longer deal with the hotel, so they obviously can't be bothered to check for me or they don't know what they are talking about. Oh well the search for the holiday hotel continues!!
I should think you would be happy with any of the big AI hotels offered via Antalya airport. Most offer slides and seem to get rave reviews! (But I think if you want one of the popular hotels in August, it is no good waiting to book it. You need to book at least a year ahead for August!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.