Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hammamet isn't my area but I can give you some general information. Don't worry about Med Hotels not going to your particular hotel, you can just book to whichever one you think is nearest on their list (£3.74 each from either Tunis or Monastir) then ask the driver to take you to the one you want. Many of us do this regularly and it's not a problem, though a small tip is appreciated. I can't find the Magic Life on the map of Hammamet unfortunately.

All transport is cheap in Tunisia but taxis can be subject to 'negotiation' (otherwise known as haggling). :rofl The alternative is to insist they put the meter on, which may work out cheaper. The little 'Noddy Trains' are fun, but with 4 of you a taxi will usually work out cheaper. I'm sure your rep will have plenty of trips you can book for but many things are doable independently. Several people on here have advised booking a taxi for a day or half a day, as that way you can set your own pace.

Trains and buses are very cheap and this link takes you to the train timetable. It would appear that to get to Frigua Park from Hammamet you will need to change at Nabuel, but perhaps someone else can advise further.
http://www.fahrplancenter.com/Fahrplan_SNCFT.html

With only five full days you won't have time for many trips, especially with young children, but I'm sure you will all have a good time. The hotel has some excellent recent reports on Trip Advisor.
Many thanks Aslemma :tup

I will probably go with Med Hotels for the inbound but might perhaps get a taxi for the return rather than risk running about between hotels at 2am when I need to get to the aiport.
Silly question but at what point do you tell the driver you want to go somewhere else and not the hotel you signed up to?

As you say it is only 5 says so I figured:
1/2 day at the Medina [let the wife get her fix!]
1/2 day at Frigua Park for some family fun
perhaps a 1/2 day trip to Carthage and Sidi Bou
and/or a 1/2 day to the Great Mosque.
That way there is always beach and waterpark funtime everyday as well.

For the Frigua Park would I barter for a taxi 1 way then grab another on the return or make a plan for a return trip and perhaps phone when we want picking up?
I have booked all this directly with the hotel so there is no Rep
Hi again,

Graham has done a trip where he booked a car and driver for the day so this may give you an idea, and I'm sure others will also be able to give you advice. I think it would be best to book for the whole time, that way you would know what you were paying up front and you could tell the driver exactly what you wanted to do.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=136680

I tell tne Med Hotels driver where I want to go when I first meet him, then he knows how to plan his journey, as he will most likely have others to drop off at various hotels as well. Regarding the return transfer, you will be able to get an idea of what a taxi would cost from the hotel, or from other guests, but bear in mind that prices go up in the evening and over night. You could even phone Med Hotels 72 280767 and see if they would pick you up as it's all money to them, particularly if they are going to the airport anyway.

Although you don't have a rep, I think any of them would be happy to book you on their trips as again it's all money to them. Incidentally Nabuel itself is worth a visit, particularly on market day, which I think is Friday.

If your wife fancies a decent cup of English tea in the Hammamet area, you might like to visit Shakespeare Bar, situated in the heart of the main tourist zone, in Hammamet South and run by Dawn from Yorkshire and her Tunisian husband, Ramzi. Rumour has it that she does a mean Yorkshire pudding as well :rofl . The View at Hammamet Yasmine is another eatery with good reputation.
I hope the weather picks up!
Looks rather wet on weather sites and advance forecast for week of 26th Oct not too promising either :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.