General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If it worries you (as it obviously does) I would go to the shop again and see what they say..... I doubt that they would cancel the holiday though, they will just send an invoice stating what is owed. Denny
You'll probably get the final reminder requesting the correct amount.
I'd go back and tell them as I'm honest like that. (have to be really, hubby being an officer of the law :D )
I'd wait and see. You already tried your best to pay the right amount you can't be liable for pure incompetence twice surely :duh

No doubt they'll spot the mistake and just adjust your final payment accordingly and if they don't enjoy a few drinks on hols on them for a change :cheers
Id wait and see as well :tup but make sure you keep all the different invoices youve had and most importanly the original costing
As you know where the mistake is I suggest you write it all down and present it to them.

fwh
I'd go back and point out the problem, then they can decide what to do, and you will be able to sleep at night knowing you did the right thing. Perhaps that sounds a bit tame to all you 'take a chancers' out there, but it would be awful to be turned away at the start of the holiday because you were considered to be in breach of the conditions of booking/payment in full!
Since you've already tried paying the correct amount once, I'd definitely wait for the balance due invoice. As long as you've paid the amount on the final balance invoice, you're holiday should go ahead, as any mistake would be due to their incompetence and nothing to do with you. Just make sure you hold on to the receipt for the final balance paid until you return from your holiday.
As you had pointed out the original mistake i would wait to see what the final invoice comes to. Who knows what the holiday costs? If you look at the brochure price, the price in the shop and online you will come up with 3 different prices often involving hundreds of pounds so who are the losers normally.
I am too honest, I would point it out just now because I would hate them to phone me and tell me knowing that I probably knew.

Linda
Just wait until the final invoice and take it from there :tup
And pay whatever the price is----------if it's the original price-you haven't lost anything------------if it's cheaper then :thanks to the TA!!!!!!!
Hi
Just thought I would let you know the outcome of paying my balance.
I telephoned to check the balance due and was told £832, I waited for the reminder invoice and guess what....it requested £632.
I rang Thomson and asked the agent to confirm the balance and she said £832.
Called in to pay the balance last week-end,she said I owed £632,I again queried the amount and she confirmed I did owe £832,( which was the correct amount)She said sometimes the system does funny things :really
Anyway cant wait to go to Tsilivi in June.......Just need my tickets to arrive on time :D
Glad you got it sorted finally Margaret - you can rest easy now and look forward to your holiday :tup
Aw glad this was sorted in the end..........you did the right thing. For me it wouldnt be the fact of "taking a chance" or whatever - it would simply be bad "kharma"

If I had "known" that they had made a mistake I just wouldnt have felt good about myself for accepting something I knew was a wrong price..........and after all wouldnt we ALL have been on the phone immediately if it had been the other way round and they had charged us £200 too MUCH ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.