Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I have got four bottles hidden away for our trip home this Christmas and will not be parting with them for love nor money but on a more useful note have you tried the local Indian shops
Have looked before and it's not exported.
Hi Meagain

How did you manage to get 4 bottles of Honeybee home through customs. Did you put the bottles in your suitcase?
I've just brought some home in suitcases but sorry, it's not for sale!!

In the past, to reduce weight, I've decanted it into empty water bottles - sealed tightly and wrapped in towels. :tup
What is Honeybee and what is so good about it??!
It's a local brewed brandy, with a nice firey kick to it, but with a smooth after taste. Spirits are not on my list, but on the odd occasion I like a drop of this.
It goes down well with Diet Coke and a load of ice! :tup
Somebody told me in confidence that you can always get it out of pump number 5 at any Asda station in the UK. Filter it out when you get home - it will still taste the same as in coca cola :tup :tup
Hi Goadreamer

Believe it or not we seem to have a lot of friends that don't bother to take alcohol home from Goa and they offer to take some back for us.

Just added three bottles of White Magic vodka from our suitcases to top up the store, so we can now look forward to a very merry Christmas but might have to start on the Honey Bee early to help keep the cold out, could be snowed in by this evening
Meagain,how lucky are you to have your own little store of honeybee,iwould love one right now,i have searched the net looking for it but no luck,just sitting waiting for the promised awfull weather to arrive!!!!!!
Hi Debs

Honey Bee seems to be a bit like Goa, you either love or hate it, takes a bit of time to get to know it and once you are hooked you have to keep going back for more :cheers

Might be starting on it a bit early, just been told we have a gas leak under the kitchen floor and have had the gas cut off until Saturday which is the earliest they can replace the corroded pipes to the boiler and the hob
meagain,i hope that doesn`t mean you`ll have no heating!!!
No heating, no hot water and no cooking

Went to the pub for a meal last night and hoped we would be snowed in but no luck there but when you think we could have been gassed in the night or the house blown up destroying the Honey Bee, we have been very lucky

Have bought electric heaters to keep the bedrooms warm so we can live in there for a few days also I have installed an immersion heater this morning so thing are getting better already but the bath room is freezing if you have to go in the night
did you spill some honeybee on the kitchen floor :cheers
Don't mention honeybee to me, as my stupid bf put ours in his hand baggage, and got it confiscated at Dabolim :que :que I am gonna kill him :yikes :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.