Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hurghada and Marsa Alam are closer to valley of kings than sharm. We have chosen Hurghada and the 2nd best hotel ALBATROS PALACE(trip advisor score) booked with First choice for september for £828 each for 2 weeks just to give you an idea
Just a personal view but AI's in Sharm are mainly dominated by two groups of people looking for value for money. Family groups normally with one or two kids and a high proportion of Eastern European guests who like to get their value from the AI food and drink.

I'm not sure if this is what I would chose as a honeymoon environment as they are not particularly romantic places, especially the restaurants, they are not set out as places for two to have a romantic candlelit dinner together they are large buffets full of hustle and bustle with tables that are normally on top of one another. This may of course not bother you, but I think it is best mentioned so you have the full picture.
not been to sharm but i get the impression from friends that it is pretty busy and hectic so i guess it depends on whether thats what you want

you might like to check out el gouna which is quieter and has some really nice hotels..you can take a trip to valley of the kings from there if you want..... we like three corners rihana which you should be able to get for around £1300 all inclusive and if you tell them its your honeymoon they will probably upgrade you

i assume you know how hot it is at that time of year if you have been before

HTH
Luxor (for Valley of the Kings) is around 800 miles from Sharm and so combining the antiquities there with the coast is virtually impossible unless you book internal flights or a tour that includes these. As Shykins says, Luxor is very much inland - approx 200 miles (3-4 hours each way by road) from the closest coastal resorts (Hurghada or El Gouna) . It is easy to forget how big a country Egypt actually is.

I'm afraid I would also caution against trying to do the cultural tour in August. Luxor (and Cairo) being inland do not have the benefit of the sea breezes that help keep the coastal resorts bearable in the summer. Temperatures will certainly be in the forties and we found it hard going in 32degrees in February!!! Valley of the Kings is very exposed and situated on gravelly sand that reflects the heat. Most summer tours commence very early in the morning to avoid the worst of the heat which would therefore require an overnight stay from any of the coastal resorts which may not be what you are looking for in a week long honeymoon. Well worth making the trip - but perhaps better combining a week in Luxor with a week at the coast on another occasion??
Hi we fly out on the 28th August to Hurghada. We are staying at the Beach Albatros which is a nice hotel for £1100 through global late deals. We have travelled with them before and had no problems. Hurghada is a quieter town to Sharm and may be nicer for your Honeymoon.

We went to Luxor last year and it is a long and very hot day but very very worth it.
You got married on the 28th of August.. im getting married on the 29th August 2010.

We have booked two weeks at Taba for our hooneymoon.

What did you think of the Resort, Airport etc??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.