Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hiya

Is it the Horizon in Calangute just off the main street? If it is, my friends stayed there last year and really enjoyed it. There were no lifts, but to be honest I don't know of any hotel in north Goa that has them. Why don't you try and email the hotel manager yourself and explain your situation. I'm sure once they know they'll do everything they can to help you out.

Sharon
Any one got any info on the Horizon hotel, i have heard good and bad things about it?! I am off there on the 29th December... couting down the weeks!
Stayed there at the Millenium New Year, it's location is great, slap bang in the middle of the High Street opposite the petrol pumps up a lane beside Romanos the opticions which makes it a quiet location The rooms and food were standard for that grade of hotel so we had no complaints there The only drawback is that the pool is in the shadow of the hotel at that time of year so it's coldest pool i've ever come across in Goa and not much use for sunbathing but most people prefer the beach and shacks and they are just a stroll away We enjoyed it anyway, hope this is of some help
Excellent infomation, thank you very much. I must say i am a beach babe so not bothered about the pool! I would have guessed the rooms and food were standard but i dont care! A holiday is what you make of it and i will only be sleeping in the room and probably will be eating out with the amount of good resturants people have mentioned on here!

Thank you again gramps!
stayed here in march this year ,,booked for 3 weeks march next year, good location just of main street ..sun round pool was ok didbnt find it in the shade, nice clean hotel ,just a shock when you go down dirt lane to it and see the locals camp right next door, cannot fault this hotel basic but has tv ,,sky fridge all you need really ,breakfast was good too .lots to eat .. had a few meals in evening in there but not a lot .taxi men very good outside too, room boy made animals out of towels ,which was nice,we didnt have air con in our room as it was on ground floor but the fan was enough,, after the heat of the day all you want to do is sleep. found the first 3 days hard to sleep due to sunstroke ,but a few sleeping pills and piriton seen to that .. money exchange not too good in hotel ,,we used chemist up the road which was good rate ,all in all i enjoyed our stay here and are returning next year with a couple we met there,, so it can not be that bad ..just remember you are in india and things are basic
I am really looking forward to basic, i am used to far away holidays that are inclusive! This is going to be the complete opposite! I cant wait!

Wish it was only a few weeks away but i still have to count the months!

Thank you again for your information and comments.
hi ally stayed at the horizan 3 years ago basic but ok fridge in room and ceiling fan try to get pool veiw rooms as they are better than being on the back the location is good the only thing we found was very dark down a dirt track to bet to it it may have now changed you only use the room for sleeping and shower so dont be put off it is india hope you have a fab time we did
Hi Ally,
We stayed there in March this year just went in on spec, had a great time staff were really friendly nothing was to much trouble, we were on first floor overlooking pool opposite the reception area ,the room was spotless ,seperate kitchen area and clean bedding everyday, I was winding the reception lads up about not having a tele in my room they said we will put one in I told them I was only joking, when we came back in later they had put a brand new set in.
The road leading to the entrance is a bit grotty but the hotel is like a little oasis right in the heart of Calangute We normally stay in Candolim but i would have no hesitation staying there again after all Candolim and Baga are only 50 rupees away. Enjoy Yourself.
Ps the pool looked ok to us but then again we are not ones for sitting around the pool all day, :wave
we've just booked two weeks at the Horizon Hotel in Calungute, in April 2006.
I've looked for a review of the hotel, but the only posts are fairly old.
Has anyone been recently, or have any updated info on the hotel?
I hope it's OK :yikes
I stayed there in January 2005. the rooms are nice but standard, food in hootel was good but didnt really stay in hotel much. Only down fall is that the pool was quite shaded so the water was pretty cold!! Overall i'd give the hotel 8/10. locations good too nice and central 2 minutes away from the round about. :)
i stayed ther in January and agree with gramps the pool is very very very cold! Only went in once - straight and straight out!!
The lane up to it off the main road up the side of Romano Opticians used to be pretty grotty but when I passed by a couple of days ago it looked as if it had been cleaned up so you should be fine As in other posts the hotel is fine but round about December- January the sun doesnt reach the pool and it's freezing!! Still the beach is only a stroll away Alan
Our reviews are not actually that old. We have one from March.
Faye- care to submit a review?
Has anyone stayed here?? Where excatly is it :hmmm
Merged with existing topic which has some location information in earlier posts.

luci :wave
i,ve stayed here for the last 3 years, its great, staff cannot do enough for you, foods fine and yes there is a lift, does,nt work during power cuts though ! seriously i would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be central to everything.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.