Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Yep, been several times and it is good fun. The meetings are at unusual times, especially in the summer but we have tried the late saturday night and the early sunday morning meetings. It is not just the races, there is live music at the bars and other types of shows going on. The betting is easy and the staff very helpful. It is free to get in too. My cousin took her kids and they loved it. None of us are race goers in the UK.
I was planning to go a week on Sunday when I'm over there. Can anyone give rough directions from the N340.

Thanks

Cliff
It is signposted from the N340 "Hippodromo" in Fuengirola in the direction of Marbella.
If you miss that sign keep going until you get to La Cala de Mijas and it is signposted from there too.
You should have a great time, don't lose your shirt!
Found tiis posting and though a little outdated thought some new info may be of interest.
Visited the races at night July 2005. 3 adults and two small children.
Fantastic night stayed till 4am. We all had a siesta the day of the visit so managed well!!
There was an admission charge, a bit vague about cost but around E7-8 per adult, no charge for children.
Races started around 8.30 through till 12.30ish. Fun betting really not serious.
Different food outlets, varying in price, nothing over expensive.
Our granddaughter loved the flemenco dancing.
Live music went on outside a bar till morning.

Very much a family night, no loud large groups. Am visiting again this summer. :D
could not agree more with mariao.fantastic family fun a must :lol:
Does anyone know where I could find dates for when this is scheduled throughout the year?
Hi Jay Jay. Best I can do is this calendar for racing up to March at the Mijas Hipodromo.
http://www.racinginspain.com/calendar.html
I understand they will run every two weeks until May, if that helps.
Thanks Tony. I'm going over in early April for a weeks break, so I'll try to include the horse racing while I'm there.
Hello Charlie,

There are further details of the racing at Mijas here
with printable maps and ideas for other days out

be lucky,

John
There's a bar at the top of La Carihuela beach (Torremolinos end) called "Happy Days" who organise trips to Mijas and even Madrid races.
The Mijas trips are 18 Euros all in with luxury coach. Not sure about the Madrid trips, but they include an overnight stay. They seem to be run fortnightly at the minute (winter season).

Robby :wink:
they also pick up on route full details are on their website here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.