Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Oh that's just awful!!!

I must admit, I love going to places abroad, but I get very upset when
I see how they treat their animals. I just want to rescue them all.

:offtop I always take flea and worm treatment, and treat at least one neglected doggy
whilst I'm out in foreign places. Hubby goes mad at me, as it costs a fortune,
but I feel I've done a little bit to help whilst I'm there.
I wonder where this is? The 2 horse places in Hisaronu are well looked after...www.dortnall.com book direct with these guys . they have been in business for years.
I will try and find out proper location ,
but trip was booked by agent near kardelen restaurant in Icmeler
We went on a horse safari from icmeler also a few weeks ago, The blokes who took the safari couldn't ride to save their lives and spent most the time pratting about thinking they are cowboys and left something to be desired :que however the ponies were not underweight or in poor condition. There feet were fine, not all horses require shoes and none of them were lame. They were not the best horses in the world conformationally which perhaps makes them look a bit different to the type of fat over fed horses we see in the U.K. It is not unheard of for mares with foals at foot to be worked over here aswell and all the foals were well grown and independant. The horses did go out on one ride after another, after another, however the rides were hardly taxing, an hour max of actual riding 90% at walk- this happens in plenty of trekking centres and riding schools in the U.K aswell. I have 4 horses of my own and have worked with horses all my life and would not have agreed to ride if I thought the horses were some kind of neglect cases. :que
Ive been on this trip a couple of times and the first time was quite concerned on first sight of the horses with their boney bodies but on closer inspection all were fine and healthy, I think we do expect them to be the same as in UK but are different breeds (ours are usually overfed I know my two are) One of mine does not wear shoes and his feet are very healthy. The rides are not taxing for the horses its mainly walking and a bit of trot the guys taking the rides do think they are cowboys and certainly cant ride as we would expect but I had my 2 grandsons with me one time and they took great care of them, at the end those who could ride went for a 'gallop' it was really just a small canter and the horses didnt even sweat up so must be fairly fit.
my wife and her friends main concern was when horses were being used with open sores, which were weaping , and one of the owners chucked and hit a horse with a stone, and when horses are resting after trex not even having access to water ,
if horses are used or treated this way here in uk , they would be prosecuted
and their is no way this is acceptable.
and i will be reporting it to make more people aware of this conduct.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.