EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Ok pal.......

Funny you should mention the insurance, we have just been talking about that tonight, I didn`t think we would need to, but maybe we should.......
First of all - congrats on your good news!!!

There are 2 private hospitals in marmaris - Ahu Hetman & the Caria and also a state hospital - but from what i have heard you should stick to the to the private hospitals!!

I have had to go the the Caria on 2 occasions( only for severe reactions to mossy bites!!) But it appears to be a very well run, sleek operation. The both doctors i seen spoke very good english - and there were actually english nurses. They have there own private ambulances which you see whizzing in and out at all times of days and night. Check out there website on http://www.cariahospital.com/

Most insurance companies will cover you for standard pregancies upto a certain date - usually upto 24-30 weeks of confinement - But as early days wouldn't say that would cause concern for you guys. For peace of mind would advise your insurance company - then they have no comeback in case you did have to claim 8)

Relax & have a fab hol

Leigh-Anne
Thank you very much leighanne........
Not only for the help but for the congrat as well...... we are really happy.......

Any other comments appreciated....
Congratulations!! First one? Good luck!
Leighanne
Cannot find a recruitment page - do they have one?
Congrats Pooley... now all your troubles will be little ones :lol: The Ahu and caria are excellent hospitals. " she who must be obeyed" had severe stomach pains in the UK for a few years. Several experts and tests later they diagnosed Hyaetus hernia. We moved here and within 2 months she collapsed in the street. We went to Ahu and they diagnosed gallstones. Within a day they operated and showed us the offending body part. Some of the stones(there were 25 in all ) were the size of marbles. She is now pain free and many thanks to Ahu service.
Insurance is a MUST... the service is great but can be expensive. If anybody is waiting for medical tests then sometimes its best to go private here and take the results to your GP in the UK.
Hi! Congratulations! :D

Last year, unfortunately, we got rushed to Caria Hospital from Icmeler as my 3 year old son had an accident.

We stayed in overnight at the Caria in Marmaris and they were excellent! They all spoke very good English and were absolutely brilliant - couldn't have asked for better service and the place is spotlessly clean. They ferried us around in their private ambulances too while we were sorting out our insurance documents.

Can't recommend that you not only get travel insurance but tell them everything as god only know how much they charged our insurance so its well worth making sure you are covered before you go. Have a lovely time. x
Congratulations!! First one? Good luck!
Leighanne
Cannot find a recruitment page - do they have one?

No, it`s my second one........

But still chuffed to bits.......

Just a bit worried about being in a foreign country if something should go wrong.....

We did think about cancelling but have decided to go but get as much info on hospitals and doctors as possible.........

So a big thank you to everyone who as helped so far.........
Pooly

Im glad you decided against cancelling - 2 weeks in the sun will do your wife wonders!!

I really wouldnt worry too much about the level of care in Marmaris though - would say it would probably excel the levels of service given by the NHS. At least they aint got all the nasty bug problems - MRSA and such like.

I was out there when i was 30 weeks gone - and luckily no problems - But i wasnt worried at all

Im going out there on Friday for 3 weeks , with hubby and now nearly 3 year old!! Might see you around

Take care

Leigh-Anne
Hi travelling at 8 week pregnant Just wonding if there is a hospital in Gumbet and if so is it ok ( english speaking ) how far would it be form Jasmin beach appt, travelling on 29th august.
Hi There, and congratulations to you, lucky2005.
You won't have any problems with a hospital in Gumbet. There is an excellent private hospital in Gumbet called the Universal hospital, also sometimes known as the German hospital. I had my second child there so I know they have excellent facilities, and the obstetrician there comes very well recommended.
There is also another excellent private hospital, just down the road in Bodrum, know as the Ozel Bodrum - again very good.
All I will say is if you do have any need to see a doctor (hopefully not). Please be wary and go through a reputable source, preferably your tour operator, because there are rip off merchants out there who will over prescribe and over charge. The doctors here are very good, but there are an unfortunate minority who see tourists as a licence to print money - I see it happening all the time. Going through your rep is the best way to make sure you see a good one.
Hope you have a fantastic holiday, and soak up the sun with no need to worry. :D

Jill Tiryaki.
Can someone please set my mind at rest? I've just heard that my son has been rushed into hospital in Marmaris at 3 a.m. this morning with suspected kidney stones. Don't know if it's the state or private hospital as his phone was running out of battery but his wife says the hospital seems very clean and everyone is very nice but I'm obviously worried. Can anyone give me any reassurance please?
Panic over - the stone is on the way out and my son has been discharged with loads of drugs and injection 'to carry just in case' :roll: No alcohol for the present either. Apparently the hospital was lovely, very clean and the staff were excellent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.