General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hot in Sept
19 Posts
The others will laugh at me as I always say this...you cant beat the Canary Islands..or if you want to go further..what about Egypt?
People have recommended Canary Islands... But will it be beach weather?

Egypt was also a possibility.

What would the prices be? would it be best to book now or 2 weeks before?
tenerife would be my top choice, absolutely loads to do, great nightlife, bars and restraunts, lovely beaches and guaranteed weather.
also, if you are going early septmber, the kids wil have gone back to school, making the cost of your holiday go down, I would start looking now to get exactly what you want.
hope this helps.
It's worth looking at the Canaries, the southerly Greek Islands or Turkey. Any of those will be nice at that time of year.

Darren
Great, what will the temperatures be?
Whats the temperatures in November?
The Algarve is still hot in September.Faro airport is served by some budget airlines so that should keep the cost down.As for beaches,you'll be spoilt for choice. :)
So what about November?
November is unsettled for many parts and is 'off season' for some. The Canaries are probably your best bet for November. Temperatures during the day depends on the island. For example, the average for Tenerife in November is 18 celcius, Lanzarote 24 celcius. It can feel a little chilly at night though.

Darren
Ok, so other than the Canary Islands, where could i go for £350 in November that will be hot?

Anywhere in the world :p
Given your budget, I think the Canaries or Red sea resorts are your limit unless you get an exceptionally good last minute deal for somewhere further afield. November is a little late for many parts of europe.

Darren
Yeh... Ok., so to go somewhere hotter, what budget would you realistically think is required?
how long is a piece of string! Al depends where you want to go, what you want to see or do. November is th back end of the 'hurricane' season for the Caribbean. The Indian Ocean is nice at that time of yeat, I'll be in Mauritus in Sepember. As for budgets, anything from £500 - £1,000's depending on where you go

Darren
Think its going to be Sharm el Sheikh, 24oc... so thats ok.
Red Sea is probably your best bet given your budget. Average for Sharm in November is 86/27 with 0 rainfall!

Darren
Great! thanks for all your help! :)
This is doing my head in... The prices in Nov are still almost £400!! whats the cheapest company to book with?
You might want to ask that in the Egypt forum. It might also be worth waiting for a few weeks until the last minute deals start to come online. Bear in mind there'll be less choice at that stage, but you might get yourself a better deal to suit your budget.

Good luck,

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.