Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi madzikk,

Welcome to the board!

Can't help on the hotel, I'm afraid.

The Northern resorts (Golden Sands/Albena/Sveti Konstantin i Elena) tend to offer day trips to Romania, while the Southern resorts, like Sunny Beach, tend to offer Turkey but you may find local operators offering trips to Romania, depending on demand.

Baldur
Thanks for the information. That's what I thought. My first offer was to go to Golden Sands and I saw the offer of trip to Romania. But from Sunny Beach I can find only Turkey.
Should I worry about the weather in June?
Madzikk
madzikk wrote:
Should I worry about the weather in June?

Is there any point in worrying about the weather? It will be what it will be.

The real season (i.e. not the 'extended' season offered by tour operators) is from around mid-June, so weather should be generally OK.

I usually go to Bulgaria in late June and the weather is certainly better than here. ;)
I am not 100% certain, but I am sure I have seen a Hotel aphrodite in the old part of nessebar, it had to large greek statues outside the entrance, it appeared to be part of a large Private House, it was just past the Square were all the artists gather, but like I said, not 100% Tonyt
As far as I know this hotel is located in Sunny Beach, not in Nessebar. It's rather an aparthotel as I saw that there was a possibility to buy apartments there when the hotel was built.
Madzikk
Tonyt wrote:
I am not 100% certain, but I am sure I have seen a Hotel aphrodite in the old part of nessebar, it had to large greek statues outside the entrance, it appeared to be part of a large Private House, it was just past the Square were all the artists gather, but like I said, not 100% Tonyt

The photos of the Afrodita II/Афродита II on various Bulgarian websites certainly don't resemble a private house, Tony - it's shown as a large, reddish, 6-storey, purpose-built hotel, see http://www.mirela.bg/dynamic/i/offers/php/365/115365/3_2.jpg.

Baldur
I know it exists somewhere but would like to get some information from people who saw it in reality, not only in the Internet (like me) Is SB a good holiday destination?
madzikk wrote:
Is SB a good holiday destination?

Not keen personally, too brash and overdeveloped for my taste, but others love the place and return year after year.
Not 100% sure if this is the correct hotel, but there is a hotel called Afrodita behind the Sea Breeze apartments and Royal Sun complex.
If you look at attached map scroll along to number 46(Hotel Arda ) on opposite side of the road see number 217 and the Afrodita has been built on the land to the left.( sorry map is a little bit out of date )

:sun2 Toonman
Thanks a lot!Now I know where to look for it.Whenever I look at any map it's not there. Do you think the hotel is nice?
Madzikk :)
madzikk wrote:
Now I know where to look for it.Whenever I look at any map it's not there.

If you try the Sunny Beach map at http://www.map-guide.bg/index.htm (which tends to be the most up-to-date, as it's the one that some hotels, tour operators, etc., tend to offer to guests) several nameless edifices are shown in the area that Gordon has indicated; one of which may well be the Afrodita II.
seems ok...
could you recommend any trips from SB? should we visit on our own or with a travel agency?
I would definitely visit the old town of Nessebar. Protected as a world heritage site and the local bus takes you to the harbour/entance for only 1 lev. Very olde world,cobbled streets,wooden houses over the shops. A good day out.
Other trips are to be found on the agency boards and a good place to start is Condor Travel which is next to the Post Office/Condor restaurant on the main road. These are much cheaper than booking with your tour rep.
I would also recommend a night visit to Khan's Tent. Ticket includes meal and a superb floor show lasting about 3 hours. Click here for the web site.

http://www.hanska-shatra.hotels-bg.eu/

Nessebar is a must.How long does it take to get there by bus? Whan can you tell me about renting a car in SB?
madzikk wrote:
Nessebar is a must.How long does it take to get there by bus?

It's only about 5.5km, centre to centre, so around 10 minutes or less. Nesebar is just around the bay from Sunny Beach. Yu can also take a 'water taxi' from various departure points in Sunny Beach to Nesebar (significantly dearer than the bus).

There are many car hire companies, ranging from local ones to international ones, like SIXT, etc. Unless you plan to do a lot of travelling, the buses and taxis are plentiful and relatively very cheap compared to the UK (although resort taxi drivers tend to charge much more than their counterparts in 'real' Bulgarian towns/cities).

Buses run quite frequently to the cities of Burgas and Varna from the bus station in Sunny Beach.
So I think we'll use buses. I headr that they're very crowded. Is it true?
Where do you suggest to eat in SB? We have B&B hotel as we decided to try Bulgarian dishes outside the hotel.
madzikk
This hotel has now been added to our review site. If anyone has stayed there, please post a review HERE

luci :wave
Don't think you need to worry about being too over crowded on the buses in June. ( July and August yes ).
For me you will get excellent service,food and value in Far A ( on main road opposite the post Office, has a lighthouse on top ) or Condor which is opposite it.
Very nice Chinese down the side road next to Barcelo Royal Beach, Bombay Grill ( Indian, next to the Haunted Castle on the beach front ). No doubt others will be recommended.
Just remember that good reviews from last year are not a guarantee for this year as some restaurants change hands year on year, however, Condor is open all year round and have seen the same staff there year after year.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.