Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
HI Belly
I think you're getting mixed up with the Hotel Bristol........which is part of the Ona Sol group.

Sanji
Hi Sanji - Yes thats the hotel I was thinking of - Bristol - which is located in the old town!

But the hotel Brisa- it's just a bit further up from the costa sol hotel - it looks a really small hotel - would be interesting to hear if anyone has stayed here - as I can't find any rewiews for it.

Belly
Hi Belly,

3 reviews on Trip Advisor... unfortunately 2 are in French, but there are a few photos.

Regards,

Degs.
If it helps, I will translate the French reviews for you.......

First review:-
A nice, tidy hotel with a small kid's pool and rooms for families. The hotel has helpful staff and good food. If you order but do not finish your wine with your meal, it will be kept for the following evening.
No queue in the restaurant (the poster was there in July 2007), the orange juice is recommended.
The rooms have air-conditioning, T.V., safe and telephones. The rooms are cleaned daily and sheets changed.
You are further advised to pre-book a sea view and the poster goes on to say that the place deserves more than 3 stars.

Second review:-
The poster advises that the hotel is better geared up for couples as there are no daytime activities. The evening entertainment is good (and in French).
Good sized rooms, clean swimming pool, a large variety of food and pleasant staff.
http://www.hotelbrisa.net/
Found a review here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Europe/Spain/Comunidad_Valenciana/Benidorm-274098/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Benidorm-Hotel_Brisa-BR-1.html

The new review on TA in French posted Oct 17, 2008..... is making these points:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187525-d238650-r7935695-Hotel_Brisa-Benidorm_Costa_Blanca_Alicante_Province_Valencian_Country.html

Staff very nice.
Very bad food. Food not varied, always the same thing.
Hotel suitable for elderly and people with disabilities.
The hotel is opposite the beach and very well located.
Animation 3x week for old people.
Nice staff speaking several languages including French and other languages.
The pool was very small compared to the number of rooms.
The rooms are very beautiful.
The splendid sea view.
Rooms clean and cleaned. Nothing negative about our rooms.
Just a negative point, it's an old building, so the rooms are not well insulated.
Conclusion: hotel Brisa is recommended for the elderly and disabled who are not too difficult for food.
For young people and those who love the pool, this is a warning.

Sanji
Hi Belly
When I'm looking for reviews for a hotel, I like to look at the comments from a varied selection of posters.
I take into consideration the age of the poster and the nationality, and then shift out the whingers from the general consensus.
I would never only take the recommendations of the British, some of them shouldn't be let out of the country. :rofl
The Germans have very high standards and if it pleases them, then it must be good, they would be claiming compensation if they see so much as one cockroach in the restaurant.
The Spanish won't put up with rubbish either and are very critical of the service they receive for their well earned spent cash. ;)

I think you'll find the following link very useful and whilst the reviews are written in the posters native tongue, the points on the right of each review is in English....it looks like this hotel is very popular with the Dutch.
Hope this helps....click on ALL.

http://www.zoover.com/spain/valencia-costa-blanca/benidorm/brisa/hotel

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hey guys - sorry for slow response getting back - but thanks very much for info- and sanji and oly thanks very much for the translation, and links - that's great!

Looking to book in may, and October - it will have to be the venus in october (as mum reccons its the best hotel in benidorm - although I have to agree - up to now it's the best one I've stayed in too! - (apart from the 5* Real de faula - which we were upgraded to last year- some members may remember this ;) -though, the hotel was slightly out of benidorm) - but I'm always looking to try another hotel - and will price the Brisa up for May - you couldn't really ask for a better location, and the reviews sound good enough!

Thanks again

Belly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.