Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
brisa sol
22 Posts
morning
have you looked at the Hotel reviews ?

wizard
Assuming that it's the Brisa Sol, Albufeira, yes -it's fairly central. It's less than a ten minute stroll to the Old Town where you'll find an abundance of bars and restaurants, and some fifteen to twenty minutes walk from the Strip in the other direction.
The local tourist road train stops outside the hotel to make travel within the town that little bit easier and there's a taxi rank close by.
There are a couple of large supermarkets within a couple of hundred yards of the hotel as well.
I'm sure that more detailed information will be supplied by members Cubsur and Algarveaddick - both resdients of Albufeira.
There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the immediate area (from Mc Donalds and KFC almost opposite then going right up the scale) and down in the old town, where the beaches are, about ten minutes walk away are dozens of other places to suit every taste.

The large Modelo supermarket and shopping centre is less than 5 minutes walk.

I have never stayed in Brisal Sol but it gets consistently good reviews.
Hi mari,

We've been 4 times and are booked again for next year. We simply love it.
It pays to get a pool view but it will cost a bit more. Clean and comfortable studio apartments.
Great pool area.
Central to the town/strip.
Book and enjoy

Stan
Hi,
ive also stayed at the brisa sol, and love it we have also booked to stay there again... i cannot wait.
Thank you i've not booked it yet but going next June - Thomson says only 2 rooms left do you think that is the case or they say it to get peole booked? maybe people book way in advance.
mari, I have been looking at various Thomson holidays, all different locations and every holiday seems to have only one, two rooms left. :roll: Weather it's Thailand, Tunisia, Tenerife or timbukto.

I may be an old cynic and obviously it's up to you to take your own view, but quite frankly I just don't beleive them.

I wish we could get a travel agent to come on here and tell us if it's the truth or just a 'marketing technique'.
Hi Mari, our pub is not far from Brisa Sol (Floyd's Bar). Pop in on your first day and we can give you the lowdown on where to go to eat and drink... :)
Hi I'm staying at Brisa Sol in June could anyone tell me if it has aircon and how much it is? also how far is it to beach and bars/restaurants thank you :)
Hi mari,

Don't know about aircon, but the Brisa Sol is situated up above the Old Town and it would take about 10 minutes to walk down to the beach there. It's also about a 10-15 minute walk in the other direction to the Strip so you have a choice. Lots of bars and restaurants in both these areas, but there are also some near the Brisa Sol.
Hi Mari
I Have Stayed at the Brisa Sol a number of times and i can confirm that there is free air conditioning in the main living room and the bedroom
if you go out and take your door entry card out of the slot for the electricity the A/C will automatically be switched off and will stay off until you return and put the door card back in the power slot

HTH
Paul
Tip, if the cleaner has been just pop a old card the same size as a credit card in the slot and it will run the a/c, so it is cool when you get back.
Dave :que .
You can ask at reception for another card they will let you have another one.
I always get a second card as i stay down in the bar after my Mrs has had enough and takes the kids up to bed ;-)
and as you say once the cleaner has been in the appt we normally leave the second card in the slot we used to leave the balcony light on so that when we were sitting around the pool we could see the balcony light come on as an indicator that the cleaner was in.
Thats brill I'm really pleased its free :)

Are there safes in the room?
Yes there are safes in the rooms,
you have to hire the lock for it from the reception IIRC it is €20 deposit for the Lock and about €10 a week to rent the safe.
Its been about 2 years since i Stayed at the Brisa Sol so prices may have changed.
Stayed at Tropical Sol last year which was charging about the same, Going to a Villa this year up off the Strip will probably return to Brisa Sol or Tropical sol next year
Thanks thats great : - )

Do you know how far it would take me to walk into the old town? also the strip?
It says in posts above:

Old town 10 minutes.

Strip (middle bit) 20 minutes. Tourist 'train' goes that way every 20 minutes, local bus every half hour.
Does anyone know if you get a bath at the BrisaSol or its just a shower? Thanks :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.