Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
brisa sol
39 Posts
Hi,

Never been to this place but only ever heard good things about it. I wouldn't worry as there will always be someone who doesn't find things to their liking, we all have different expectations.

I have just returned from a villa holiday where the company I booked the Villa with said they would visit us at the villa and also provide a questionnaire/info' etc. They never made contact with us at all (we paid less than half price, that may be something to do with it) but what may have been annoying to others was fine for us as we didn't want or need any contact or info'. Horses for courses really.

Look forward to it, its never as bad as some people want by putting a downer on it, some people just look for something to moan about.

Have a great time

Lummie
I think I read the same review - was it on Tripadviser?
We are heading to the Brisa Sol next week and it's the first bad review that I have seen about it. I was really shocked when I read what the guy was saying - some people are just never happy.
thank you for your replies, i always take the rough with the smooth when i go away, no holiday is perfect and it's silly to sulk and moan about things that can't be changed.
but that review shook me up. any way, thanks again.
Hi,

We are off to the Brisa Sol next thursday and i haven;t heard anything bad about it so i;m hoping it will be great,we're looking forward to it anyway.

DiShep, what day are you travelling out next week and who will you be travelling with?

I;m going with hubby and two kids.Never been to portugal before how bout you?

I'm going to read tripadviser now but i probably won't pay too much attention to it.

Karen
karen,
dont read the review, sorry i did, enjoy your holiday.
cheers
Hi capex,

Couldn't resist and did read the reviews but didn't take a lot of notice to be honest.The good reviews fer out weigh that one bad one.
I'm sure we'll have a great time just not too keen on the cold pool!!! :lol: :lol:

Karen
Hi, it must be the same at them all last summer we stayed at the hotel next door (Cerro Alagoa) to the Brisa Sol and the pool was that cold I never went in for the whole fortnight, but there was always lots of people who did, we could see the pool to the Brisa Sol from our room and the pool area was packed all the time. One thing I did notice was that there was only about 6 umbrellas for the whole area of about 200 sun beds.

I have also stayed there at New Year and found the Brisa Sol a good place to stay but this was a few years ago.

Dave
Hi all,

Just thought i'd let you know arrived home from the Brisa Sol yesterday and the hotel was lovely.

Nice and clean and very friendly staff and even the pool was lovely, nice and big and not even cold!!

One thing i think let the hotel down and that was lack of entertainment in the evening and also not being able to sit around the pool area of an evening only in the indoor bar.

Karen
If anyone has stayed here would you please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/portugal/algarve/albufeira/brisa-sol-aparthotel/

Thanks
Capex

I am going to the Brisa Sol in July for my Fourth Visit to the hotel!!. i think the hotel is great the staff are very helpful and will help you out as much as they can.

I can tell you now that if the Service of the staff or the Hotel was not up to standard my wife would not go back, even my father in law was impressed with his stay last year and is going back again later this year.

As someone else already said you cannot please everyones taste but im sure you will enjoy your stay at the Brisa Sol
My parents have stayed at Brisa Sol. Said its fantastic so nothing to worry about for anybody going here. Can also recommend Paladim Apts where I have stayed and Cerro Alogoa. Thinks thats how you spell it. All good standard 4* accommodation :D

edit to remove bold see terms of posting
Got back on Thursday 20/07/06

Just as Good as ever no complaints this time!
Weather was great room was great and outdoor pool temp was great must be because the weather was 36 - 43 degrees out there everyday at night the temp didnt fall below 29.

Taxis have got a little more expensive 3.90 euros to the Strip or Old Town but it is still cheap to what you pay over here, also the beer in the hotel bar has gone up quiet a bit last Visit it was 2.50 Euros this time it was 3.50 Euros.
A quick walk along the road to the Palladim is a good idea where it is 1 Euro (75p) a pint between 5pm and 7pm, outside this time it is still only 2 Euros a pint. Avoid the Wild West bar in the strip because the same pint in there is 5.50 Euros.

There is a Scottish bar called the The Kilt and Kelt which is very reasonably priced and sell the best ever BBQ spare ribs better than any chinese restraunt.

If you are taking Kids you have to pay a visit to Coconuts bar along the strip Party games and loads of entertainment for the kids
Hi all, anybody know the phone number for these apartments or a web address or has any body booked them independently and if so who did you book with.

Cheers Sweet :)
Sweet, look at

http://www.hotelbrisasol.com/

Never been to them but can be booked on

http://www.wintersunshineholidays.com/

amongst others

Cheers, Lummie
Thanks for the info lummie. :)
i booked with alpharooms
Yes i also booked with Alpha Rooms for our stay in 2005 & have used them again for our stay in 2007.....can't wait.
hi folks can anyone give me any information on the brisasol hotel and resort as i have booked to go there in june next year. there is 4 adults and 4 kids ages 2x15 and 2x10 year olds first time to portugal so would appreciate any information on restuarants and good bars etc thank you all very much. :tup
hi welcome I assume you mean the Brisa Sol Apartments in Alberfura, if so the members reports can be found in the hotel resort forum [see blue bar near top of page] link

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.