31 independent reviews of the Brisa Sol Aparthotel
Address: Rua do Municipio 27, 8200 Albufeira, Portugal
Brisa Sol Aparthotel
Brisa Sol Aparthotel Location
Ranked #20 of 98 hotels in Albufeira

Brisa Sol Aparthotel Brisa Sol Aparthotel is rated 4.03 out of 5 from 31 Reviews

Brisa Sol Aparthotel Reviews

"Nice to be back"
The real holidaymaker visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira, Portugal in July 2013
After staying in the Paladim apartments 3 years ago and finding them to be not very good, it was nice to be back at the Brisa Sol Apartments.

The whole place was clean and tidy plenty of hot water for showers, clean towels every day. If you want a tip for the lady's there is a plug near the mirror to do your hair, maid kept the room spotless and a nice little kitchen to make the odd snack and breakfast.
Bit of a rush most days for the pool beds, but this seems to be the norm in most places now days, never seemed to be many in the bar at night may have been the over the top prices.

I will go back to this apartment if I ever go back to Albufeira, finding I like Lagos and Tavira more these days they are not so mad.

Tour Operator: Thomson Holidays

"Spacious apartment"
Isabelle Milne had a holiday at Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira, Portugal in October 2010
1 reader found this review helpful

Just back from a week’s holiday at Brisa Sol. Had booked a studio sea view apartment on arrival upgraded to a one bedroom. The apartment was very spacious with everything you required in it. Staff very friendly good bar area, pool, gym etc. Plenty of sunbeds around pool.

In a good area to walk to old town (10 mins) and strip (15mins. Lots of eating and drinking places round about.Fantastic cake shop beside hotel opened till 11.30pm - cakes to die for. Never ate in hotel so don't know what food like.

Paul had a holiday at Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in September 2009
I Have stayed at this hotel a number of times and cannot fault it except that there is not alot for kids to do,
I have just returned from a long weekend and one of the First Choice Reps I was talking to has told me that as of next years season First Choice will have Exclusive Use of the Brisa Sol and it will have all the First choice resort entertainment including Kids Club

Tour Operator: none

Coulter stayed at Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira, Portugal in August 2008
We stayed in this hotel self catering for 10 nights. The hotel is very clean and maid service was excellent. The location is also brilliant as you walk about 10 mins downhill to the old town or a taxi ride or Noddy train ride to the new town. Noddy train runs every 20 mins and makes return journeys at a very reasonable price. Hotel staff were very pleasant, entertainment would be the only downside to this hotel. Definitely think it would benefit from some early evening entertainment for the children. I would definitely visit this hotel again, atmosphere is very relaxing during the day, getting a sunbed is no bother even though they make a run for them every morning. The Mondelo supermarket is right beside the hotel and is very reasonable if ...
you\'re staying self catering. A very enjoyable holiday was had by every member of the family, kids made really good friends.

Tour Operator: Aer Lingus/i-knowportugal.com

richard hopkins visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel in June 2008
Just returned from the Brisa Sol where I stayed with my wife and toddler (1yr). We booked a year ago and requested a child friendly hotel, this is certainly not good for toddlers. The room was basic but very clean, most staff were friendly, but there was no poolside entertainment, and nothing at all for children of any age. The room we had faced a supermarket, and the balcony had 5 large steps leading down to it, which our son was very attracted to! So we couldnt use the balcony for the whole holiday. I asked to change rooms but was told bluntly, no! The room also has a cutlery drawer at toddler height which was unacceptable. The hotel would suit couples quite well, but not families with young children. Beware, all families with toddlers seemed to be on the ...
back of the hotel with no pool view and the ludicrous steps to the balcony! Ensure that you see the rep early about departure times as the thomas cook rep didnt post them so I had to phone the emergency helpline in the UK. Thompsons are posted 3 days in advance so they are OK!

Tour Operator: Thomas Cook

Paddy Jennings visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in June 2008
Smashing studio pool-side with your own terrace , huge supermarket next door that sells everything you need for self-catering , bread , fruit , hams cheeses etc.. indoor pool is heated , outside can be very cold so be warned. Cake shop in hotel that sells the most gorgous cakes so wath that diet ..haha

Tour Operator: On the Beach

Costa had a holiday at Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira, Portugal in May 2008
We have just come back from a weeks holiday at the Brisa Sol. My children are aged 5 and 9. The hotel is situtated on a busy road, and you will hear the noise, however the pool and sea view makes up for this.

We had a 1 bedroom appartment which is spacious, clean and has everything you would need for a self catering holiday. We made the mistake of going half board however, especially as you have everything at your door step.

A large Modelo supermarket next door, a wide choice of restaurants within walking distance, with the choice of walking to the Old Town -10 mins and the New Town 15 minutes.

Talking about the hotel food,the Breakfasts were lovely with plenty of choice, but the dinner was awful for children and vegetarians - very dull food. (There is ...
a Mcdonalds and KFC opposite for those children who are fussy eaters though)Hotel location was good apart from the busy road, Beach was a 10-15 minute walk - check out the escalators down to the beautiful sandy beach - one of the best I\'ve seen. Buses can be caught outside of the hotel however.

Staff at the hotel were average, didn\'t really make any effort on their part, especially with the children. The restaurant manager did say that he would make our little one nuggets or fishfingers at no extra cost though, so do ask.

Be warned the swimming pools do not have a life guard on duty. The outside swimming pool was very cold, and the inside one was like a sauna - needs updating, as does the health club which you have to pay extra for. We did\'t try the hotel entertainment, it seemed very geared towards old people, and had no atmosphere.

All in all, this hotel is good for a self catering base, not really for young families, as there is no entertainment for them, but due to the location there are lots of restaurants, bars, great beaches.

Tour Operator: Alpha Rooms

Brisa Sol visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in May 2008
Hotel was clean and the staff were very polite. Swimming pool was lovely and the children seemed to love the indoor pool even though it was too hot. Rooms were a really good size and kept pretty clean. we were on the road side and it was quite noisy even in may, so not sure how bad it would get in high season. Area is great for the mobile but definately not good for babies in buggies and wheelchair users. Overall we had a lovely holiday but the locals are just not as friendly as the greeks/cypriots etc.

Tour Operator: Portland

julie stayed at Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in February 2008
we visited the hotel brisa sol in february 2008 with our two children aged 15 and 11. we were looking forward to the holiday as most of the reviews i read were good. I have never been in a worse hotel, ok it was out of season but the bar was not open most nights the outdoor pool was only half full and being cleaned and it was not open for the entire week we were there, you can imagine the looks on my childrens faces. I thought thats ok they have an indoor pool for the children and adults but everytime my two boys went into the pool they were getting told off by O.A.P\'s for splashing, my yonger son was really upset and i had to take him back to the room and my older son ...
refused to get in the pool again.Also there was supposed to be an indoor crazy golf but it wasnt open infact the tiles were still being layed inside, there was nothing at all for my children to do at this hotel, not even play in the pool.
We stayed half board at the hotel the first night the food was really nice we had pork the second night it was chicken piri piri which is supposed to be a portuguese dish, the chicken was raw inside and not cooked, i told my children not to eat it but i did not say anything to the waiters i just took my children over to macdonalds and got them something to eat from there. On the third night it was steak and again we could not eat it as this was very very rare my husband likes his steak med/rare but even he couldn\'t eat it and by this time i had had enough and told the head waiter and he just said ok he didnt apologise or try to solve the problem that not just us but other people were having with the meat not being cooked properly. We never ate again in the hotel.
The maid service was quite unusual too, we would go out of the apartment in the morning and return to find our towels hadnt been changed and the apartments not brushed out etc then the maids would knock on our door at 5pm sometimes this i couldnt understand.
The hotel location was ok but i would stay either in the old town of Albufeira or the new town as it was a bit of a walk to the new town and the strip although when we got there there was nothing open. During the day there were some shops open I did on a couple of occasions try to buy a couple of souveniers but after myself and my children were told by the shopkeepers that they were a little bit more than the marked up price i decided to leave it.
I would definatley not visit this hotel again and i will not be going to the Algarve again as i have visited many places out of season and there has been plenty to do for myself, my husband and my children. Really Terrible couldnt wait to get home!

Tour Operator: freedom direct

judith stayed at Brisa Sol Aparthotel in December 2007
We spent our first Xmas abroad and couldn't have wished for a more comfortable, clean and frindly place to stay.

The Xmas gala dinner in the hotel was super and such good value too. Opposite was Tim Tim a lovely Chinese place. Good food and very reasonable.

Mini train stops outside the hotel and for 3euro you can travel all day to the Strip and old town which is a fab place to visit by day or night.

We would not hesitate to recommend this aparthotel and hope to visit very soon.

Tour Operator: travel republic

Sarah had a holiday at Brisa Sol Aparthotel in September 2007
I have just returned from staying at the Brisa Sol, the hotel is in a good location, and next door is a supermaket and across the road is McDonalds and KFC.The hotel is closer to the Old Town than the New Town, they are both within walking distance.
The hotel and room cleanliness where excellent the hotel was constantly been cleaned, and the rooms where clean.The pool area was quiet as we went at the end of September they was no fighting over sun beds, I would stay again at the hotel.

Tour Operator: Airtours

Stan the Man visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in August 2007
Stayed once more at the Brisa Sol from the 5th to 16th August. It was very much as I remember it, spotlessly clean, friendly staff & a super studio apartment.

The apartments have been improved since last time with a microwave oven, toaster & an electric kettle as opposed to heating one on the hob.

The air conditioning has also been improved with a stand alone unit on the huge balcony (silent) with full control. On our first night we left it at 17

Tour Operator: Booked Independantly

xx visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel in August 2007
This hotel was lovely, did everything the brochure said it did.
The rooms were lovely and clean, even the floors were swept and mopped daily which i am really fussy about. The towels were changed every day if you wanted them. Beds were a little hard and the pillows were quite unformforable. The aircon was excellent.
The cooking facilities were good, although we only used the fridge and the microwave once!
The hotel pool was lovely although the outside pool was quite cool but was\'nt to bad seen as it was SOO hot! the area was kept lovely and clean.
There is a sign saying you can not put your towels down before 9.00am, but by then there is a queue half way down 2 flights of stairs most days so if you desperatly want a sunbed set your alarm for 8.55 ...
and get ready for a stampeed!! there were plenty of beds though...
Hotel snack bar was lovely, food was good and we ate there most days.
Hotel staff were excellent, most friendliest hotel i think i have ever stayed in.
We actually got engaged their on our first day and they did\'nt stock Moet Champaign but went everywhere to find my partner a bottle in the nick of time! which was fab!
Did\'nt use the hotels resturant but it all looked lovely.
There is a small paper shop on sight and the old lady that runs that is miserable as sin! one day she had prices the magazines at say

Tour Operator: tompsons

Neil visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in May 2007
The hotel was excellent.

First of all we upgraded to the 4person apartment (instead of the studio) which was huge, one of the biggest appartments we have stayed in on holiday. The room decor was slightly dated(70\'s style) but looking past that, the room is what you need for hols. We had aircon in both the bedroom and living area, TV in both room, big toilet.
The hotel pool area was also nice (part grass/part slabs) no need to rush in the morning for a sunbed, the pool was nice (diving board also) but was extremely COLD in may, only ever dipped our feet in. The pool area was very clean, as was the bar and poolside bar.
The main bar was slighlty expensive for drinks (think it was around 8/10

Tour Operator: First Choice

angie davis stayed at Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in May 2007
Although there was only 2 main course choices, 1 being fish every night and the usual soup and salad we could not complain.

The desserts were to die for. We could not fault the cleanliness of the hotel but the rooms could do with an upgrade.

The studio was plenty big enough for the 2 of us. The location was spot on in between the strip and the old town even with high heels. We did not go to any of the entertainment as we prefer to do our own thing so cannot comment on this.

The outside pool was freezing but the inside one was like being in the bath.also tried the sauna. In the gym,the equipment is so dated that the running machine broke while my husband was on it.

I would definitely go back to this hotel and certainly recommend it to anyone.

Tour Operator: fly globe span

W Humphries stayed at Brisa Sol Aparthotel in December 2006
1 reader found this review helpful

Nothing wrong with the Brisa.

Rooms cleaned every day and was pretty much spotless, and the hotel staff were fine.

There was work ongoing when we went (Xmas 2006) but to be honest this stuff has to be done sometime and wasn't a major problem, you can only benefit from their improvement programme.

Indoor pool was fine, only used it once and the sauna room seemed ok but was broke the second time I tried to use it. These were the only negatives I suppose.

Bar was pretty funny with one miserable barman and one happy one. I think they were playing \'good cop bad cop\' with me haha, but the grumpy one wasn't overly grim, probably just having a bad week.

Loads of fast food places outside as well as shops. Ten minute walk to Old Town down a BIG hill so be careful ...
if you got dodgy knees/ankles etc. There is the train outside that will run you down (not literally) for a small fee.

I paid

Tour Operator: Own

janet chambers visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira, Portugal in October 2006
The hotel was fantastic.

The room was cleaned every day.

The location was fine staff were always there if you needed them.

There was entertainment on every night I would certainly go back to the Brisa Sol again.

Tour Operator: thomson

Paul stayed at Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in July 2006
The room was cleaned every day beds made up and Towels changed only if required. There is a new system where as if you want the towels changed you have to place them in the bath, if you don't want them changed leave them on the rack, as simple as that.

The Location is great Half way between the Strip and the Old Town about 10 to 15 mins walk to each or a short taxi ride costing 3.90 Euros.

There is a supermarket next door called \"Modelo\" which if you go downstairs has a Pizza Hut and some other food outlets Eat in or Take Away across the road is a Chinese and a McDonald's and also the Chemist shop.

The Hotel Staff are as helpful as you could expect nothing is too much trouble for them.

The Hotel entertainment is not ...
all that good but there is one decent singer on Friday night and also Karaoke on a couple of Nights which is very popular

Tour Operator: First Choice

George visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel, Albufeira in June 2006
The Brisa Sol is overall a good hotel it is cleaned each day with fresh towels, most days.We were unfortunate that our room was on the ground floor and overlooked the car park and delivery area this made it very noisy from about 7 am.

This was the only complaint we had of our room.
Major plus the Cake shop was out of this world and extemely reasonable.

The bar is very well laid out and the tables on the balcony over looking the pool area are very relaxing

The tourist train stops right outside the hotel and is the best 3 euros each we spent each day,we used the train to go back and forward to the old town

Tour Operator: Thomson

s.j. visited the Brisa Sol Aparthotel in June 2006
Went self catering for 2 weeks. Hotel right in middle of old town and the strip, about same walk to either 20 mins. Old town best. We are both in our fifties and felt a bit too old for this hotel.

Our room could not have been further away from reception, lift, 4 sets of doors, 3 sets of stairs, ramps, etc. There is a very good supermarket. Right next door, handy if self catering. But, if the world cup had not been on we would have bored to death, not a lot to see or do in the area at all.

Hotel ok but not the best I've used. A week might have been enough. We went to old town twice, strip once, football every day, supermarket.35 times.

Not a lot to do really. hotel bar expensive.

Tour Operator: thomson