Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I am looking to book this hotel and would also like to know if it has been refurbished yet. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Yvonne
Hi going here in three weeks can anybody tell me if the hotel has been referbed over the winter or any coments about the hotel :lol:
We went at the end of Sept '05, so I can't comment about a winter refurb. We found this hotel to be good value for money, clean, good food, nice location and a funny mix of entertainment (always a laugh though). The rooms are basic, but clean, but one thing I must advise you of is the patio doors. Well, they're what we would probably call french doors which open in, its closing them thats the problem. You can only do it with a slam and the problem is you get eveyone else slam too! Also, if like me you like a little bit of a lie in, the coridoors can get quite noisey. Don't worry its not larger louts or anything, just the general noise of people coming and going. Cala n bosh is great. A nice habour with numerous lovely restaurants. Enjoy.
Hi Lushy, Im going in August and cant wait. Any idea how much it costs by taxi to go cuitedella? Do you know of any markets and apart from the bars etc around the marina is there any thing eles going on artists etc any info appreciated
Didn't go to Cuitedella, so can't comment. Not sure of any markets either, sorry. We were only their for a week and as my husband had lost his driving license in the UK just before we left, we didn't venture of the resort, as I didn't fancy driving. But I am sure that Menorca has a lot more to offer.
Don't bother with a taxi to Cuitedella the bus service is very good and cheap and the bus stop is just outside the hotel :D
Sue
hi, just got back from this hotel on the 24 may 06, it hasnt been refurbished yet but they were doing bit whilst we was there. Its a fantastic hotel, very clean and staff really nice, the weather was hot, it rained for 1 day out of the week, hope this helps a little, have a good time
:D
Hi Kipper Glad you had a good time. Im off in Aug and cant wait. Not been menorca before usually go majorca so it will be a nice change. The only worry worry I had was keeping my 15 year old son happy as he is a shopper and I know there are not too many shops. When a say shopper I mean gift shops not designer shops. What is the sun bed situation is it a get up at 7 game? Guees I'll be on the beach zzzzz Any other info always appreciated along with any pics etc
Just to alert people - we were due to fly out to Hotel Cala'n'Bosch Friday 2nd June (stayed there last year and really enjoyed the holiday). Got phonecall from travel agents today lunchtime 1st June to say sorry hotel overbooked and can't get you into the resort either.

Booked with Cosmos

Offered alternative of Hotel Esmeralda in Cuitadella now going to Ibiza on 3rd June instead.

We booked July last year for this so it may be worth checking with tour operators if everything okay.
Hi Dee, there is a few gift shop but they mostly sell the same things. The sunbeds by the pool go quite quick, we went down about 9 and you could find the odd few about as for the sunbeds on the beach they are 14 euro for the day. Hope this helps, have a good holiday, we loved it :D
Thanks for that-Is there a sun bathing area away from the pool. Hope my holiday doesnt get doubled booked.Has this happened to anyone eles? Cant wait to go 8)
We stayed at Estralles Bungalows - Very clean and quiet. The Cockerel crows a lot of the night at which keeps you awake - but you get used to it, a few stray cats around too.

Short walk from brilliant beach and the harbour where there are a few shops and stalls and loads of excellent restaurants.

Even though all 20 Villas were full when we were there you wouldn't know it so quiet always a sun bed available. Reception is manned most of the time and there are shops and restaurants 100 yards away if you can't make it to the harbour

I think everyone there was a Brit - many young families stay at Estrellas. Very safe area but if you are looking for a lively resort with lots to do then don't go here

Weather was great for 3 days then awful for three which we didn't expect in May/June
got back from this hotel on 24may 06, it hasnt been fully refurbished but they were doing bits whilst we was there. The hotel staff, food and entertainment were really good, i woul go back again.
This doesnt really affect me as I have older children but got a letter from airtours stating that due to little demand the kids club would be closed. Would imagine this would be major issue for those who have small children and have booked the holiday for that reason. Would airtours let you change hotels do you think :lol: ? Glad i have older children , peace at last!
hi dee which hotels the kids club is closed thanks :?
The cala n bosch hotel AI next to the beach where are you staying?
THANKS DEE WE ARE STAYING IN THE MARINDA GARDEN IN SEP :P
Edit note

Please do not post with caps lock on
Thank you
Havent had a holiday in 3 years due to an addition to the family! We have now just booked our first family holiday to the hotel Cala n Bosch. Cant wait!

First time to Menorca but so looking forward to it. Going 12 Sept for 14 nights, babe will be 22 months by then so a great age to take away.

Have read the reviews on here... but would welcome any advice on where to go, what to see etc.

My folks are coming too so we have on site babysitters :D so tell me all about the local pubs!!
Hi Sally

Haven't stayed at you hotel but stayed at Tamariscos apts right next door. This was 5 years ago though but we are due to go back to Cala'n Bosch this Aug. It'll be our first holiday abroad for 5 years so really looking forward to it. Can't really say much about your hotel other than it's in a great location, right on the beach and literally just 5 mins from the marina where all the restaurants and bars are. A little tip for you if you're pushing your little one to the marina in a buggy: as you come out of the hotel if you bear left there is a bridge (lots of steps) that takes you there, however, we found out after struggling for days that if you bear slightly to your right across the road and head to the back of the chinese restaurant above the Britannia pub there's a sloping footpath that leads you there too.

Cala'n Bosch is a lovely resort, ideal for many age groups, so I'm sure you'll have a wonderful holiday. Sorry don't know too much about the pubs, as we tended to just go out with my parents for a meal in the evenings, perhaps I can suss them out for you when there in August!

Nic

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.