Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
We stayed at the San Valentin last week and felt that we got value for money. However we did find the AI a little restrictive (eg. no cocktails or hot chocolate included) also you could not have lunch at the poolside bar and had to get dressed and use the indoor buffet restaurant where lunch was pretty much the same as dinner, so it could get a little boring if yuo were staying for two weeks.
The service and cleanliness at the hotel was excellent, but the buildings are probably due for a refurb.
I'm sorry I don't know anything about Cala'n Bosch, but I hope this helps.
I would stay at the San Valentin again, but probably not AI.
Thanks for the reply.
Colinwez,
I am presuming you are quoting TO prices!
To book Valentin Son Bou either direct or via booking agents, AI works out for 2+2 at £420 for a week during kids holidays, and that is the same for 2007!
If you book flights as soon as they are available, they should cost you max £400 for the lot so you are looking at £820/1220 plus taxi tops!
I haven't been but am considering spring bank hols in May 07. Any information you require just pm me.
This year, going to Majorca in private apartment with Washing machine,tv, proper kitchen etc....including flights/taxi £850 for 2 weeks from 17th August 2006.

Mark
Hi Markas

they are online prices, i'm looking for 2 weeks in june 07.
Stayed in Hotel Cala'n Bosch June 2005. Had a great holiday but the AI is restrictive. All food is served in the restaurant and you are not allowed to take any of it out - this also applies to the tubs of icecream.

You could get cocktails as long as they are made using the free spirits.

I would be wary of booking the Cala'n Bosch for June though.

Last year there was a few people getting moved into the Marina Apartments opposite as the hotel was fully booked.

We were due to go on 2nd June 06 with Cosmos but got phonecall day before to say hotel fully booked and and couldn't get us in - Cosmos alternative is the Esmeralda in Cuitadela. (we had been booked since July 05)

As far as the resort goes we thought it was perfect (hence trying to book 2 years running) ended up in Ibiza and as for things for the little ones to do not a patch on Cala'n Bosch.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.