Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
It's certainly not Thomas Cooks fault if the hotel has decided to close early. The agents are told what alternative to offer. It's all in the terms and conditions about what happens when the tour operator has to cancel. I know you'll have read them before you booked, but I would read that section again so you can see if they are doing what they said they will.
This happened to us 3 years ago and it was only after I emailed the hotel to request a certain room that I was told they would be closing after our 1st week.
Thomas Cook knew nothing about it but phoned head office who confirmed it.
The hotel we were offered was one we had stayed at before and was better graded than the one we booked.
I would look through the hotels in the same resort and ask them to move you to the one of your choice ,if it is of the same star rating.Good luck. :tup
As a matter of interest, would you mind saying what was the name of your original choice of hotel and resort, please?
thomas cook should find you a suitable aternative of at least equal standard acceptable to you.
i went through something similar with thomsons a few years ago now, they tried to fob me off with a totally unacceptable hotel.
after contacting CAB i was advised the above, i was also told if they could not offer me this i was entitled to find my own hotel of equal standard and send thomson the bill.
when i told thomson i had bee advised this they changed their attitude and were more helpful
jhe wrote:
thomas cook should find you a suitable aternative of at least equal standard acceptable to you.
i went through something similar with thomsons a few years ago now, they tried to fob me off with a totally unacceptable hotel.
after contacting CAB i was advised the above, i was also told if they could not offer me this i was entitled to find my own hotel of equal standard and send thomson the bill.
when i told thomson i had bee advised this they changed their attitude and were more helpful

not sure how to edit so just to add, this should be at no extra cost to yourself
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.