Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
my friend is going to Bulgaria and staying at the Dana Palace Golden Sands on 17th august.

Her husband sufers from sleep apnia(not sure how its spelt!).He needs a special machine to help him to breath while he is sleeping. my friend needs to know if there are plug sockets by the beds in this hotel to plug his machine into.

they have asked Thomsons who the holiday is booked with, but they said they didint know, and I have emailed the hotel for them, but we have had no answer.
They will have to take an extension plug with them if not, which is fine, but if they dont have to its less to carry.
cheers
please can somebody put my mind at ease and tell me what this hotel is like this year as last years reveiws was bad and the year before was great?
im going on 7th june with 4 children and im worried about hygeine standards :?
Hi Supergirl,

The problem with asking at this time of year, is that no one is likely to have been and come back yet this season.

I have read many bad reports about hotels I know to be OK, so it's best to have an open mind.

If there was negative feedback to the hotel last year via travel companies, things might be very much improved this year. No travel companies want to send people to places where they are likely to complain, it can cost them too much money in compensation.

Hope you find it OK.

Peter
Hi been to the dana palace twice the people are very nice oggie at the pool bar is really great .The hotel went down hill last year ,as the owner was taking the bed linen and towels for his other hotel the Dana park which is just down from the Dana palace.The hotel staff did there best and were really good .As for sockets next to the beds there are none only two on the wall one at each end of the dresser one is for the fridge the other one i used for my kettle.You can get an iron at the reception desk The hygeine had fallen but not to risk ill health ,it was laundry that did not get change the way it should have Tell your friend to carry the extension as it is a bit of a distance from the bed to the dresser where the socket is Hope this answers a few of your questions .The dana palace is up at the top of a steep hill but you get used to it.June :glynis
thanks for all the info 8) hopefully someone will update us when they get back this year and tell us the latest news :wink:

also i was told there is the usual stuff for kids like mcdonalds and kfc is there any truth in this? got really fussy little ones.
Yes there is a Macdonalds in Golden Sands. Also in Varna
plus K.F.C and a pizza Hut to name a few. Tonyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.