Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hotel Elba Sara
46 Posts
Elba Sara is a nice hotel. My family usually stay there when they visit and they love it. The amenities are great and it's lovely and clean. The hotel is just 10 minutes drive from the airport, so a taxi is cheap, about 10€. There are lots of car hire firms in Caleta and you should have no problem getting a jeep, as it's very quiet at the moment. :D
Decided to go for it and book this hotel for Christmas 2005. Anyone been over Christmas (or any other time). What was the food, entertainment, local bars/restaurants like. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
:glynis
We went at the start of April.

It is an excellent hotel, but there are one or two niggles.
See my review - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/fuerteventura/caleta-de-fuste/elba-sara-hotel/
hi, i also stayed at the elba sara july/august last year. the hotel is gorgeous, we had a room on a corner with two balconies over looking the pool and sea (this was larger than average), which was great as there were 4 of us.....the beds are massive and theres a double sofa bed. we didn't find the walk into caleta a problem, only took approx 15 minutes and we got a taxi back approx 2 euros...the food at the hotel was ok.....i wouldn't say great but it was ok...(everyone has different tastes)...some shows in the upstairs lobby bar were very good, the broadway bar downstairs held the childrens disco (entertainers are from an italian company) and shows by the entertainers........sometimes these were in italian.......good mix of nationalities , 40% italians , had to get up early if we wanted an umbrella with sunbeds.......(but this was school holidays !) man made beach built along the front with more being built..a couple of new hotels being built all part of the elba group...may all be finished by the time you go....although we had some gripes we would return to this hotel...so go and enjoy :D Tracy (check out http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk for more reviews.)
My wife has asked me to ask if there are tea and coffee making facilities in the room, so if anybody who has stayed there can help it would be much appreciated

Cheers Mark
There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the Elba Sara rooms.
I have read on a review that men must wear trousers to dinner is this correct and will that include my two lads aged 10/12?
Are 3/4 length trousers acceptable?

Cheers Mark
hi, my husband wore 3/4 length trousers and long shorts....definately no sports shorts.
Tracy, we seem to follow each other around Caleta......

I loved the Elba Sara, but location could have been better. Just prefer the Barcelo a bit more.
Thats good because I don`t take long trousers on holiday :lol: :lol:

Cheers Mark
:D
Hi
just got back from the Elba Sara a few days ago, was there for 2 weeks and loved it. The hotel is clean, the rooms are large and nicely decorated with balcony, shower, bath, hairdryer, tv showing sky news, bbc 24 and spanish channels. There is also a mini fridge and a safe (for a small fee) . The pool area is beautifully landscaped and there are 3 pools. A freshwater baby pool, a shallow saltwater, pool which is slightly heated and a deeper freshwater pool. There is a small gym, sauna, hairdresser. There is a kids mini club every day which my partners neice loved, Manuella and Yasmina are very friendly. They also arrange activitys all day that adults and children can take part in such as, archery, table tennis, mini golf. The weather was really hot but there is always a nice breeze. The shopping centre next door to the hotel is great for shopping, especially shoes!! There is also restuarants, pool tables,internet access, a bowling alley, cinema and a supermarket. The hotel is remote but it depends on what you want. I went for a two week sunbathe by the pool. If you want a lively holiday its not for you. The beach is right by the hotel but it is Volcanic so shingly. The town is 15 minutes walk away or 2 euros by taxi but that does have quite a few bars and shops if you want more nightlife. In the hotel in the evening there is kids mini disco then at 930 the entertainment starts. The 4 tops are the best, Valentines and the Bee Gees are good and the others average. It finishes about 11pm.
I have seen mixed things about the food, i would say it depends on the person. I personally found the food fine. There was a roast every night of some kind, a special every night such as mussels,pasta, prawns or pizza and then always some fish dish and meat dishes. I agree there was no veggy option and the kids food is limited, sometimes they had fish or chicken nuggets but mostly kids had to eat the same as adults. I never saw the Chinese option run out and there was a grill where they cooked sausages, chops etc, a salad bar, overcooked veg, rice, potatoes, soup, fruit, bread etc etc. I loved the puddings even the ice cream. There is one good chef in the morning and one not so good so sometimes the eggs and pancakes were better than others. I do agree with the comments re drinks, they are expensive in the hotel. Its cheaper to get lunch(we were half board) in the shopping centre next door. Basically the hotel is well worth the money and the 4 stars, I would go again. Dont pay for the transfer from the airport as it only cost about 9 Euros in a taxi but allow plenty of time to get from the hotel to the airport as our 'it will be 15 mins' took 50 mins as they are so busy on a wed or sat. One more thing, dont take towels as you can hire them there for 10 euros each person, change them everyday and then at the end of the holiday as long as you have your receipt you get your money back. Bargain, as towels are so heavy. I even used the laudry service whilst there, 6 euros for 5 items and they were returned in 2 days.
Enjoy !!
hi, can anyone thats beens to the elba sara all inclusive inform me on how it all works, whats included etc.....many thanks Tracy
Hi Tracy

We should have been at the elba sara h/b in August with direct holidays, 39 people in total arrived the same day as us and were moved. We stayed at another hotel and were given all inclusive at the elba it includes local spirits and beers from 11 till 11 , breakfast, lunch in the poolside bar & dinner, soft drinks, water,tea and coffee and ice cream for kids

Had to buy a drink one night after closing and it was 3 euros for a small beer only made that mistake once!!! :wink:

Cheers Mark
You can find more info about Elba Sara here
Does this hotel have a good daytime entertainment programme with sports competitions etc??
Yes.

We were there in April and the entertaiment was good, but not too popular. Probably more popular at busier times of the year.
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if you can hire golf clubs when staying at the Elba Sara?
Also how much are they and how much for a round of golf?

Any other info on the place/hotel would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi

Lots of information in the reviews section HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.