Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Elba Carlota
16 Posts
Hi doe

I've literally only got time for a very quick check of my forums between now and tomorrow.

Would you mind seeing if you can find the hotel's official website and then posting it in the hotel request thread in Help
& Assistance please?

Thank you!

Pippy :D
Hi I stayed at the elba sara 3 years ago, and was at the barcelo fuerteventura in august. we walked up to the sheraton hotel and the elba carlota....to be honest literally only popped into carlota as was not impressed with the foyer and what we could see through the window beyond......felt the elba sara was more impressive, however still prefer the barcelo :) not much help i know but thought i would still share my thoughts.
thanks for the reply tracey. :D At present I am still leaning towards the carlota as I can get better prices than the Sara and Barcelo, and this is an extra holiday. I think it's because it is not appearing in brochures as yet. Well I cant find it in any myself.

Up till a couple of years ago folk were complaining on the amount of building work going on in this area. When you were there in August did you notice if it's still full of cranes and JCB's? (wont bother me too much) I am assuming much of it was to do with the Carlota and the Sheraton which are now both open.
We were there in August too, and there was no building work in that area.
All the hotels up there look very nice. Again, we prefer the Barcelo, but have also stayed at the Elba Sara and it was very nice. Just too far from town for us.
Hi Lewiston :)

Thanks for your reply, I've only just noticed it. Perhaps I am confused, but I thought that the walk from the Sara, Carlota end to where the restaurants and bars are is about 15 mins and it is all on the flat? Good news about the building work being completed.
Yes, 15 or 20 minutes.

However I, personally, wouldn't fancy it at night. There's a section of scrubland where there is no promenade (still!), and it's a bit of a pain to cross in the dark.

It's ok in the daytime, in fact it's a pleasant walk from the centre of Caleta to the Atlantico centre that we do a couple of times in the fortnight we stay there, but for now I just think it's too far from the "action". up there.

Don't let me put you off though. They are all good hotels up there, and I wouldn't hesitate in staying there in the future when my kids are a bit older and won't moan about being away from the town centre!
Thanks again. :D Perhaps it would be OK to walk from the Carlota end into the area with the restaurants and nip in to a cab back, would that be possible?

I was getting a brilliant price for the Carlota on the accomodation only part of Thomsons web-site. Think it was just over 500 pounds for one weeks B&B for 4 adults, in two rooms, seemed to good to be true at 125 each for the class of hotel, but it's disappeared now, :bawl and they are only showing the Sara and that is 700 plus (Grrrhh!).

Probably was an error :roll: and that's why it's disappeared. Either that or I spent so long looking for flights everybody else snapped it up.
The Elba Sara/Carlota hotels are lovely if you like to stay in the hotel a lot and don't mind getting a taxi anywhere else. Yes, it's a pleasant stroll in the day but I wouldn't do it at night. If you want to go out in the town most evenings you may be better off looking at the Barcelo. There is a map of Caleta HERE, the Elba Sara/Carlota hotels are not shown on the map, but are down at the bottom left of it.
Thanks for the map Cyber, it gives a good take on where everything is and helps put it into context for me. Still haven't decided what to do yet, am just really trying to get a cheapish week of winter sun during the school easter hols. As ever you are always very helpful.

A Happy New Year to you and yours. :D

Doe
A wonderful 2008 to you too!
Good luck with your holiday hunting!
hi we are staying at the elba carlota for 2 weeks commencing may 4th, as we have an 18 month old son we plan to request a ground floor room but was wondering if anyone could suggest which part of the hotel to request it in- is one side quieter? will some rooms offer us a better view? Also does anyone know what the cots are like? Any info on the hotel would be appreciated.

natalie x
My wife and I are just back from a short break at this hotel and had a very relaxing and comfortable time here. The room was clean and bright with views over the pool and out to sea. We were on the wrong side of the hotel to get the sun on our balcony so didn't use it much but it was easy to just go down the the arrecife bar next to the pool and sit there instead. At meal times there was a very good selection of food, all freshly cooked and we didn't have to wait for drinks at any time, although at the height of the season this may not be the case. The beach at the back of the hotel is beautiful and there is a a bar/restaurant on a little island just offshore. It's about a 20 minute walk into town but there is a courtesy bus and a taxi only costs 3e. There is a large modern shopping centre next door that includes a cinema and ten pin bowling. We're already planning a return to this hotel, but not in winter again because the weather was very disappointing. The staff are all very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We requested extra pillows on the way to dinner on the 1st night and they were already there when we returned to our room. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing break.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.