Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Dawn, we stayed at this hotel on our very first trip to benidorm. This would be 5 or 6 years ago now. We went in the sep, and the fllowing month oct the hotel was being completely gutted, and all rooms, pool area were to be given a revamp (it really needed it too - was a complete dump, and the only good thing about the hotel was the food (It was then part of the ono sol group), I'm nearly sure it's under different management now, because I have not seen the gala placidia advertised in any english brochures (Like the other ono sol hotels).

Anyway 2 years after we stayed here, we took a walk around this hotel, it looked like a different hotel, everything was nice, and new,and clean, and it really did look nice -I', sure you wont be disappointed, - it;s in a lovely quite location, (If you dont get a room overlooking the road, and the levante (lux?) apartments opposite). If you have an email address, ask if you could request a pool view.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, and would like to hear what you thought of this hotel when you get back, as I wouldn't mind staying there again, now it's all been done up. (Ps I'd ignore the reviews, as most of these were at the time, before the hotel, was gutted/renovated!).

Enjoy

Belly!
Hi,
Thanks for that. I know we shouldn't look to much into these reviews but you can't help it some times. I will post on here when we return to say how it was.

Dawn
I stayed here 16 years ago but my friend stayed every year up until it closed for refurbishment.She thought it only caterered for Spanish holidaymakers now as she couldnt find any British company going there now.Did you book independantly?
Hi,
We booked it through the co-op travel it is with Thomas Cook, JMC Holidays for all the family.

Dawn
I will let my friend know as she loved this hotel,Thanks.
Hi,
Actually my mistake i picked the wrong book up, it is in the Sunset Summer sun but is with Thomas Cook.

Dawn
Thats definately worth knowing - Thanks for that dawn! I do remember looking on line to see which tour operators did this hotel (2 yrs ago- after refurb), and couldn't find any (english), ones! Am going to look now! Please do a review when you get back.

Belly!
Hi Belly, Jet2 Holidays also do the Gala Placidia, prices seem good, and they go from Leeds/Bradford. Linda.
Thanks for that Linda! If dawns review is a good un, I'll book for nxt yr!

Belly!
Hi Belly ... is your keyboard broken, or are you using phone text style abbreviations ? :wink
David :wave
Sorry David - Keyboard not not broken! Was rushing to do a couple of posts before starting work! (Give my wrists a slap! - :)

Belly!
Hi ,
We have just returned from Benidorm, which we really enjoyed however i can't say as much for the Hotel Gala Placidia. If you are thinking of going there don't.

It is as bad as the reviews that i read. The food is awful, the hotel is very run down and they don't cater for English people at all. A rep even told me that she can't understand why the company she works for ever took the hotel back on.

There were many things that we weren't happy about so if anyone wants to know any thing in particular feel free to ask. One thing good to say is it is in a good location.

Dawn
Hi Dawn .. perhaps you would now like to add your feedback to our Gala Placidia reviews page, for the benefit of anyone else considering that hotel ... please click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.