Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
GALA HOTEL PDLA
24 Posts
Hi jeanie .... we have a few pages for you to look at !

We have a review page for the hotel here:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/tenerife/playa-de-las-americas/gala-tenerife-hotel/

You will see the hotel shown on this map, next to the Veronicas:
http://www.eurosol.com/map_p2.htm

And we have a topic here on Med Hotels too:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8356

David :wave
Thanks David
Have used med hotels before and found them very efficient. Have also looked at hotel reviews and can only find one report on the Gala Thanks for the map though.
great site keep up the good work

Jeanie :)
Hi Jeanie,
Have stayed at this hotel before and personially i think that it is the best 4* hotel in the area. It is situated opposit the Wigan Pier pub. It is a beautiful hotel, the pool area is massive with padded sunbeds and towels for hire at 1 euro per day. Most comfy to. The rooms are excellent and very clean. You can pay extra for a pool view but i would not bother personally. We were allocated rooms 623 and 625 which are above reception opposit the road, but because of triple glazing you do not hear any noise from the bars across the road, air-cond is in the rooms. But the benefit of these rooms are the balconys which are large and get the sun on them ALL day (what more can you want) the sun rises on the left side of the balcony and goes down on the right. So all day long you get the sun. Entertainment is of the usual hotel standard. But the location of this hotel is good for the bars and pubs in that area.
The food, unlike the review on this site about the food, i thought that it was excellent. Breakfasts were good and there was a lot of choice. Evening meal there was so much choice what can i say. There was even suckling of pig, fresh tuna steaks, and even cuttle fish. There is a lot of show cooking on offer as well.
If you are looking for a price try http://www.wintersunshineholidays.co.uk they sometimes come out a bit cheaper than med hotels.
If you pm me i will e-mail you some photos of the gala.
You will not be dissapointed with this hotel, i promise.
wickedchris why don't you put the photo's on the photo galleries so everybody can see what the hotel looks like.

I was offered the hotel by orchid travel but I wasn't sure because I couldn't find it in any brochures. I know its family run which is unsual today.
I have tried this before but it always comes back as wrong format. Don't know what i'm doing wrong. I have loads of photos of the Gala and of Las Dalias and would love them to be on the web page but like i have said have tried a few times.
Chris ask admin for help they might be able to sort it out for you.
I have just tried again and i just get can't handle doc format. :cry:
Chris PM Van he might be able to help.
Hi Wickedchris

What does pm mean?

Jeanie :roll:
Jeanie:PM means Personal Message

:D
Hiya

I'm going to Playa de Las Americas a week on Tuesday and staying in the above hotel.
Just wondering whether anyone has stayed here and whats it like??

Thanks
Bec
Have you looked at hotel reviews
I have stayed here and i have to say it is the best hotel that i have so far stayed in on Tenerife.

It is a family run hotel, reception is lovely and friendly it is big bright and airy.

Rooms are nice clean and the bathrooms are to.

The food is to die for there is LOADS of choice and good choice to. Dining room is on the lower floor.

The pool area is massive towels and thick padded sun matresses can be hired for 1 euro each. Well worth it.

Then at the back there is a large sunbathing area. There are activities going on daily.
Location is brilliant for bars read this review.

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=66947

I'm sure you won't be dissapointed by this hotel we certainly wasn't.
Hiya

Oooo thanks for that,it looks gorgeous
Cant wait to go now,just have to get some money changed.
Thanks again

Bec
Hi
I am going to this hotel in November with a 3 month old infant, can anyone tell me if they have access to microwaves for bottles etc. and what facilities would they have to sterilise babies bottles

thanks

jj
We are thinking of staying at the Hotel Gala PDLA at xmas, Once again as usual in tenerife we have the problem of trying to get a sunny balcony. Looking at various reviews, some advise to try and get a view over the road/wigan pier as they get the sun all day, others advise to get a pool view but they look as if they face the other way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are hoping to book in the next week or so? :? Thanks
I can't comment on the rooms facing the pool.

But i know that the ones at the front above the entrance get the sun all day long.

There is no noise for the bars across the road as they have tripple glazing.

You will not be dissapointed by this hotel it is my favourite on the whole of the island.
Thanks wickedchris, i've looked at the hotel reviews and some other stuff, everyone seems to think the ones facing the road are the sunniest. I read somewhere that the superior rooms which have a pool/seaview room are excellent - but theyre a bit pricey. I'm only concerned because we stayed at the Noelia sur xmas 2004 and we were lucky, but one whole side of the pool view rooms never got a bit of sun all day, and we would have hated to have been in them, got a feeling this could happen here? - Thanks again - Suo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.