Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
I stayed here in 1997, so may have changed a bit.

Anyway, back then it was slightly tired but otherwise lovely. Amazing location with stunning views out across the bay towards Napoli and Vesuvius. The food was very good too.

Only prob it's up a big hill - it's a fair old walk to Sorrento through the winding lane surrounded by shabby chic Italian houses and olive groves.

The hotel has a courtesy bus - it was always late and usually dangerously overcrowded!

Nice hotel though - let me know how you get on!
Got back last week, had a great time. Suspect the hotel has had a bit of a face lift since you were there as looked quite smart. Very helpful staff, food was excellent. two vegetarians in our party did not pose a problem.
As you say fantastic view and lovely sunsets.

But the courtesy bus..... scarier than the drive to Amalfi. 28 seater minibus and we counted 50 on it one night.

The only complaint my children had was the table tennis table that was situated outside on a small first floor balcony. This combined with the breeze led to a lot of balls disappearing down the very steep hill. If you are going here with children take some spare balls as I think my two worked their way through the hotels supply.

Very easy and cheap to travel by public transport - Naples, Pompeii, Capri, Amalfi, Herculaneum, Vesuvius all close by. Much cheaper to make your own way than to pay for organised excursions.
I've added this hotel to our Review Site. If you have stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.