Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi,

I am off to lovely Palma Nova / Magaluf in two weeks :D

We have booked to go all inclusive at the Hotel Honolulu after reading some very good reports here on the website.

However in the last few weeks the reports for the hotel have been getting gradually worse :(

Has anyone been to the Hotel Honulu? who could give me and idea on what it is like in September.

I am 25 and my partner is 34, we have no children.

Many Thanks in anticipation of your reponses.

Suzanne 8)
Hi there Suzanne

Like you I am getting a bit worried about going to this hotel, due to the recent bad reports.

We are going at the end of October, so I am hoping it won't be so busy and noisy, but it will be half term, so who knows!

I am glad its so close to the towns, so at least we're not to far away from somewhere to eat or something to do, if its too bad.

But we've been to hotels before where there have been bad reports, and we've had a great time, so I always go with an open mind.

Anyway have a great holiday and I look forward to hearing your views on the Honolulu.

Jane
Hi
Is the all inclusive done on a wrist band or card basis at this hotel?

And is it as bad as it sounds on the recent reviews?
Hi the ai is done on a rist band

The hotel is not that bad i went in the start of October last year and had a really good time (were even going this sept30-14Oct and i cant wait.

Just take everybodys review with a pinch of salt. It's what you make of the holiday what counts

Hope you have a good time and enjoy the hotel
:D
Thanks,

I am really looking forward to going and, like you say, a holiday is what you make it, and I am definately planning to enjoy :D
What were the snacks like, as I'm sure my daughter's wont be up for breakfast and will want snacks in the evening.

Have a great holiday, and I look forward to hearing what you think of it this year.

Jane
I think there were sandwiche's but not to sure about any other things
we travelled to hotel honolulu in august you only get sandwiches from the fridge behind the bar at night. once the restaurant closes after dinner thats it til breakfast again but during the day hot snacks are plentiful from the restaurant in between meal times.theres a varied selection to suit most people as there was 19 of us both adults & kids.
Thanks, what time do the all inclusive drinks end at night, on the First choice web site it says 11pm and on another web site it says 12am, so am a bit confused!

Also, what time does the does the resturant open for breakfast and close at night?
Sorry for all the questions.

Jane
When we stayed 2 years ago in October, the A/I bar closed at midnight.
However a cash bar then ran to 1am, with a 2 for 1 deal which was great.

Enjoy

Robert
all inc drinks finish at 12 then you can buy drinks from the bar til bout 1. restaurant opens in morn at 8 and closes after dinner at 9. hope this helps you
Thanks everyone for your help, its much appreciated.
hi has anyone been to honolulu in the last few weeks whats it really like the reviews are so confusing some say its great :D some say its terrible :( we fly out on saturday the 13th of october we havent been to mallorca before but are looking forward to it there is just my husband and myself as all the family are grown up now we love to go different places each year what if anything is there to do if its bad weather is there dart boards or something i hate being bored :thanks :D
can anyone please tell me does the hotel honolulu have showers or baths i know a lot of hotels i have been to had showers the odd ones had baths and some had both thankyou in anticipation :D
Hi Whitecloud, I've had a look on their official website and it states bath and showers. Click on this link for info http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/hotel_honolulu.htm

Hope that helps

Shell :D
thankyou so much for that answer and link shell i will be eternally grateful
Has anyone got any recent reports from this hotel? I have been lokking for some family members who have just booked it and I am not sure they have done the right thing. They are 40`s and 50`s and not total fuddie duddies but, don`t want 18-30 at the same time. Any help here would be appreciated as they are thinking of calling the tour operator and changing the hotel now. Thanks Jacqui
Hi Jaqui
Have just had a look on the net as i wasnt quite sure where the hotel was!!!
it is at the top of a hill and is near the main STRIP where all the clubs are, i can't tell you much about the hotel as i have not heard any reports down the grape vine, a lot of it will depend on when they have booked for as to how much will be open and busy round there, if they want it a little quieter then maybe they should look at the Magaluf Park or the Guadalupe (opens 1st May).
Myself I would opt for the Guad was looking at it yesterday as they are still finishing the outside and the pool is MASIVE!!! it's gonna look fantastic when they have put the finishing touches to it oh and fill it with water

hope this is of some help

:)
Hi there, they have now decided to change the resort and they are going to go to club tonga as they are very unsure about the hotel honolulu after reading reports on a few forums. They have not been to majorca before and were worried if they get a poor hotel it would cloud their vision on majorca. Thanks Jacqui
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.