Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hotel In Paphos
4 Posts
Paphos is not renowned for it's beaches and the majority of hotel beaches are man made.

The Athena Beach has such a beach. I have stayed here a number of times and the gardens leading to the beach are lovely. The Paphian Bay shares its grounds with the Pioneer Beach and this also leads to a man made beach, but beware it does attract a lot of seaweed.

The best beach in Paphos near to hotels is at Coral Bay although I understand that some of the beach has been worn away over the last twelve months.

Personally I love the gardens at the Athena and the comfort of the hotel so this makes up for the beach for me.

Take a look at the hotel site here http://www.athena-cbh.com/home.php there is a thumbnail that you can click on and it will give you an idea about the beach. The Paphian Bay can be found on this link too.

Kath HT Admin
A lot depends on what you want. If youre looking for an adults only hotel I would recommend the Pioneer Beach. We stayed there in July and could not fault the hotel in any area whatsoever. We stayed in the Athena In October 2006, there where no probelms, but personally we found it too big, and much preferred the Pioneer which is also in the same group.

The paphian Bay, same group again, is also an excelant hotel at a competetive price.

I have not stayed at the Alexander the Great but been around it many times, we found the pool area to cramped.

Having said that as mentioned already the beaches in this area are Ok but not as good as you would find in Coral Bay.

If youve got the money stay at the Amathus or Elysium.

Enjoy yourselves where ever you may stay.
Hi, we went to Paphos last March and although the weather was very pleasant , I wouldn't have called it beach weather. We had a great time sightseeing, and it was warm enough to eat lunch outside most days, but it was cold at night. I didn't see anyone in the pool, and only one mad englishman in the sea ! Incidentally we stayed at the Kefalos Beach, and thought it was really nice, although not a luxury hotel. Overall , we would go in March again, but wouldn't expect it to be sunbathing weather.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.