Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Not sure where the Hotel Isabel is but you will find that the Riu Belplaya is right on the front on the Paseo Marítimo 29620, Torremolinos

click here for approximate location

I have not stayed in the Belplaya so no comment on that but the large hotel, to the left of the green dot, with the three blocks is the Sol Principe and the Principito Apartments which is always another choice for you as it is in the same area and I have stayed there and very nice it was.
I visit Torremolinos every six weeks so over the last 2 years I have sussed out where to stay and where to avoid. The Hotel Isabel is a beautiful modern hotel with fabulous sea views and most important of all it is the Avenida de Lido end of Town ( the most exclusive part of the resort ) so your within easy walking distance of all amenities.
The other hotel is just that too far away from it all and I think you would find the hike into Town quite a pain ( unless you enjoy very long walks!!)
Yes it is more expensive but remember there are a lot of grotty hotels in Torrie and dodgy areas as well!
Spend that little extra on a BB because there are numerous cheap restaurants round the corner of the Hotel on Avenida del Lido and loads of beach cafes and restaurants right in front of the Hotel
I guarantee you will love the atmosphere, go for it!!!
Thank you both very much for the input. I will have a think about the finances and maybe Isabel will win the day!! Like you say some hotels can be a real let down so it can be worth the extra for peace of mind. Will let you know!!

Tony
HI Tony p. I haven't stayed in Torremolinos yet (we're going for Easter) but I've just got some input on the Riu hotels. Maybe you won't discount the Riu Bel Playa just yet.
We've stayed in Riu hotels in Bulgaria, Dominican Republic and most recently Mexico and I can tell you that they're the Biz. Service and friendliness is outstanding and the facilities tend to be excellent. I don't know where in relation to the main town the Bel Playa is situated but with ref to the last poster, I doubt if it would be in a "grotty" area. Have fun deciding and good Luck!
Thanks Shirley,
we are still deciding! the Riu is still on the agenda, we are trying to find out which has the best seaviews!! May sound fussy to some but for us that is one of the highlights of our stay, just sitting relaxing on our balcony looking out at lovely clear blue sky and sea. Bliss!

Tony.
I am staying in the Sol Principe at the moment and while it is a fine hotel there is extensive building work going on and the noise is awful. sol Principito is being ripped out aand Bloque 1 of the hotel too.
Stay away, and if I had to choose I would take Riu Belplayer over The Isabel
I think this would be a dilemma for me too.
The Riu Belplaya is really on the end of Playamar and passed the Sol Principle, there's not a lot around it, infact there's bugger all around it, but the Riu chain does have a good reputation for their hotels.
It wouldn't bother me having to walk on the flat promenade, but the Hotel Isabel is nearer town and nearer some night life.

I think apart from the best "sea view" then you have to decide whether you want the long walk into town or weigh up the cost of taxi's against the cost of being nearer town.

I think it's "swings and roundabouts" because what you save on being H/B as against B/B, then you can afford to taxi every where, if you're not spending that money on an evening meal, which you would be doing by going in the hotel Isabel on B/B only.

http://www.riu.com/index.php

http://www.spainby.com/hotelisabel/pages/gallery.htm

EDIT: Just spotted your other post saying that you want to be near the Don Pablo. :oops:
In that case then, although the Riu Belplaya is a fair trek away from the Don Pablo...it is all flat and I'd be inclined to go in the Riu hotel and either walk on the flat promenade or get a taxi to the Don Pablo, it won't break the bank, must be all of appox €5.
The Sol Don Marco is an expensive hotel because it's catering for the more "upmarket" client and not the "masses" like the Don Pablo....it's more of a "health Spa hotel" for the people who can afford to pay for being pampered.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks to Everyone for your input. After all that we have decided on the Sol Don Pablo!!!!!!! We went into the travel agents and just thought the extra cost for sea views were totally ridiculous and can find a good use for the saved money! We have requested a high floor therefore hope to be able to have a sea view of sorts!! We cannot wait for our holiday now!!

Tony
Sorry folks for going off topic but I will try to create new topic regarding the ongoing works at the Sol Principe Hotel.
There is also a local bus that runs past Isabel and Riu Belplaya, round trip to Centro is euro 1.10. it goes at about three times in the hour and can be a bit erratic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.