Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
cr2k6 if you haven't already done so could you post a review on this hotel in the hotel review section
here

Thanks allmen
were staying at the isla bonita hotel in april and was just wondering what part of PLDA it is in and how far it is (walking distance) from the centre of plda and its nite life.We think the hotel is on the out skirts of plda. Has anyone been to this hotel recently if so do they rate it as a four star?
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.
Haven't stayed in the hotel, but can tell you about the location. It is in an area dalled Playa Fanabe, which is about 10-15 minutes to 'the strip' by cab. Very nice area, close to the beaches of Fanabe and Torviscas. Set back from the sea, but only a three/four minute walk away. We stay opposite and love the area. There are a number of Commercial Centres nearby with lots of shops etc. etc. There's also a fair amount of entertainment, but we don't usually partake of that so cannot comment. Good bus/taxi service from outside the hotel. PDLA is now a spraling area which goes on for miles, from Los Christianos at one end, to PDLA proper, then Puerto Colon, Torviscas / Playa Fanabe and Playa Del Duque now, so it depends on where you want to be in PDLA, and what the name means to you.

Hope this helps
hi does anyone know , is it ok to wear 3/4 length casual trousers for evening meal , i know short are a no go ,
thanks
We have been to the isla Bonita on several occasions and gentlemen have worn 3/4 length trousers. I think they prefer long trousers, but you will probably get away with 3/4 length, providing they are smart.
Stayed here back in 1998,going again next month.I see it now has a gym listed amongst its facilities.Does anybody who may have been recently know if it is a proper gym, cos if I remember rightly it had something that resembled a sports hall back in 98 but I don't remember a gym.

Thanks

Tony
I have a soft spot for this place. We're going back for the fourth time over Easter. When you book direct with hotel and get cheap flights it makes for a really cheap holiday. There are better places I'm sure, but this place "fits" us, especially because we've got a young daughter who loves the place.

If you're a "returner" and book directly, they will let you more or less choose your room (ask for one away from the noisy main road) and will also usually let you have a late check-out for free if you have a late flight.

I would rate the AI food, beer and wine as pretty poor at this place, which is made up by the good size rooms (more of a suite, really), location, decent pool area and overall cheapness meaning we can eat out when we feel like it. Breakfast and lunch are ok, but the evening food is usually unpleasant. However, our daughter won't let us go anywhere else!

It also passes golden rule no.1 - It's clean.

There's a supermarket right around the corner to buy decent wine and I've found a source for my preferred beer (Estrella Levante) to be chilled in the fridge.

It's a case of knowing the hotel's limitations and planning round them to make a good holiday.

We were here last May and I didn't notice a gym at that time, BTW
Due to go to isla bonita in 6 weeks. The reviews are very mixed. Whats the room like where they entertain, is it indoors?
The entertainment has already moved outside for this summer. Otherwise, it's in "Bar Acuario", next to the restaurant.

I'd say say food had got better for our last stay. There are even some vegetarian options for dinner.
What tv channels have they got in English? Thanks for the last reply. Do they have mosquitos in Tenerife ?
CNN and Sky News (the latter will disappear sometime this summer I think). I don't think I've ever been bitten by a mosquito when staying here.
can you hire an iron?
1. Not in our room. My wife bought one for a few quid from a nearby shop a couple of years ago. It now goes on most of our European trips.

2. Sorry, I'm a man. I have no idea.
Which holiday company did you go with? We are going with Cosmos. How was your luggage allowance on the way back? Did you get charged?
We have been told is not far to the beach and the shops, is this true? Is it within walking distance?
Booked direct. 20kg allowance per person on MyTravelite and Monarch scheduled flights. We're always under anyway. There is a laundry room in the hotel 4 euros to wash, 4 euros to dry.

There is a supermarket (Mercador) in the Shopping Plaza at the top of the "ramp" exiting from the back of the hotel. 2 min. walk. There's plenty of other supermarkets and other types of shops all over the immediate vicinity.

5-10 Min. stroll to beach. Out the hotel, turn left, cross the road, turn right at the roundabout down the pedestrianised walkway, keep going as straight as you can, crossing one more road.
Thanks :D Wish we had the nerve to book direct! We have a 9 year old daughter and are nervous about anything going wrong! Did you take children? Did they enjoy it? What are their ages?
When they say wear long trousers, can they be tracky bottoms or do they have to be proper long trousers? Hubbys asking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.