Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hotel Marina
18 Posts
Forgot to say, that price is for 2 weeks.

Sue :)
Hi Sue

I last stayed at the Marina about 5 yrs ago and the food wasn't good. It seems to be more focused to adults than to children from what I've seen but that could be because its always been November/March when I've looked in.

I think the standard rooms would struggle to sleep 4 as the third bed is a sofa bed but they do have rooms on the end of each corridor that don't have a balcony and these are much larger so maybe they use these for families?

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you more up to date info.

Michelle :wave
Stayed there last November. Didn't see many (if any) children about. Loads of electric scooters in foyer. Food abysmal. Standard twin room not up to standard of other 4* in Benidorm
Oh dear :cry: What about the Nereo which is about the same price, any info :?:

Sue :)
Hi Sue ... you will find our Hotel Nereo thread HERE.

David :wave
Going to the Hotel Marina in September with a 16 Month old little boy.

Having looked at the pictures in the brochure the balcony seems to very exposed (3 bars across with large gaps). Has anyone been to this hotel that can confirm the type of balcony.

Cheers
I suggest that you e-mail/phone or write to the hotel and request a low floor.
Going from memory and my memory is not as good as it should be these days :oops: .....the hotel has an annexe built on to the main building and I think there are a few rooms that do not have a balcony.

In the meantime, I have thrown together this video. CLICK HERE

Hotel Marina
Avda.de Cuenca,6
03503 - Benidorm-Alicante- Espana
Tel. 965 85 37 62
Fax.965 85 15 12

gh@la-marina.net
Here is the official web site....click on English and web to proceed
http://www.la-marina.net

Sanji
Sanji,

many thanks for this the Video is excellent, I will contact the Hotel directly and hopefully they can confirm.
No probs, hope you get sorted.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
On returning from the marina I thought I would update this subject.

The hotel Marina itself was good and the location is excellent, the rooms were large and very suitable for a family, however if you have a high floor the lifts struggle to go past the 12th floor and 2 are a little small. Some of the staff can be friendly and pleasant others however completely ignore your and will look over your head to assist the Spanish guests (especially when a wedding is on) which I struggled to accept.

The really let down for this hotel is the food. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel (anywhere in Europe) that served such poor food, some comments here have stated it is limited however this doesn't come close it is abysmal.

So I would say if you can get this hotel B&B (although there is nothing decent in the Breakfast) and it's cheap it's probably worth a look.
Sanji's video clip of the Hotel Marina is now in a new home, please click here.

For our reviews of the hotel, please click here.

David :wave
Can anybody confirm if The Marina has Single rooms ?

Although it says it has single rooms on the website - can't see any pictures or get prices on them. I have e-mailed the hotel but not had a reply so far.

Thanks

John
This Hotel uses twin/double as a single giving you the price for a single person rate. benidormdirect sell it as friend of mine was in one 2years ago.
Never been to benidorm before but after lots of help and advice it sounds ideal
Looking for a family friendly hotel been and got some prices for the sol pelicanos and hotel pueblo but travel agent gave us a good price on the marina hotel with the other two £1500 more than the marina
As long as its clean and family friendly
Any recommends for good family bars/resturants nearby the marina ??
Any markets nearby ?? any good excursions ??
Thanks
Milliemollyuk.
Sorry to hijact your thread but im going to the Marina 1st week in Nov. I know the only pool they have is outdoor and will be shut down so I was Just wondered if anyone has been there around that time and if so were did they go for a swim.

thanks in advance
I believe the Helios pool is covered in the winter and the Rosamar has an indoor pool.

luci :wave
Pueblo has an indoor pool, Presidente and Ambassador both cover and heat their pools in winter. John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.