Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
hotel polynesia
14 Posts
We stayed at Holiday Village last summer and you have to remember that this hotel is going to be part of an on-going development. At present there are two fully functioning hotels but the Beach Club can just about cope with the amount of people staying at them. You would be best to look at the HV thread on this site and decide for yourself. It also depends on what time of year you are thinking of staying.
There is a lot of info on Trip Advisor about this hotel
We have a 20 page topic on the Holiday Village HERE

luci :wave
hi,just looked on trip advisor,saw a couple of nice pictures of the rooms,suposedly[sp] finished,hope the rest is as good
hello,well we decieded to book it,got a good price for end of june,so lets hope its finished and all the teething problems are sorted by then.If anyone is passing the building site,could you please let us know how things seem to be going. :yikes
hello,i know this hotel has opened now,and finally seen some finished pictures,it looks stunning,is there anyone else off here going soon,hopefully we will see some reviews as well,if not ill let you know in june :tup
We were thinking of booking this hotel for a late break in Sept but have been completely put off after reading reviews on another review site(sorry HT) has anyone been yet and if so could you post a review on it please, I'm so disappointed as it looks fab, I know all new hotels have teething problems but Thomson fail to mention the very close train track, unfinished building work and just how good the suites really are, apparantly they look nothing like the brochure describes them as. I hope the reviews ive read are wrong because i still want to go, my neighbour is going next month and she will post a honest review on her return.
hiya,better review just appeared on the other holiday web site,and someone explaining or answering some of the problems in the forum,thank god cause i was getting worried :yikes
Hi Ive just booked for next year it looks lovely but there are still no reviews on here???
Of any one could post a review or some comments I would be really grateful
hiya,we stayed here about 6 weeks after it opened,and there were a lot of people complaining about things,see other site(sorry ht) but we loved it ,from the time you walk in the reception its got the wow factor,the rooms were the best weve stayed in,ask for one with a pool/sea view.the food was lovely,always plenty of choice,full english breakfast if you want it,or continental if you prefer,lunch was over at the beach club plenty of choice but to be honest it was bedlam as the 4 hotels have to eat there,so we stayed round the pool and just had the snacks round the pool not much choice but there will be something you like,but do expect to que for it. beach club and pools are great.The shows at night were very hit and miss,should be better next year and they end at 11.00,bar was on till12.00 but they did like you to leave rather quickly over to the piano bar that was open till later.The biggest problem is that its a long way out from fungerola and benalmadena so you need to catch a taxi or public transport which was cheap and often but usually very full. if ive missed anything ill try and answer it for ya
Thanks Shaz 12

Looked at other site quite a lenghy discussion on it but I was hoping for more on here as this sites my fave
Plenty time yet I suppose im only goping next year.
We've requested a room with a pool view as there was no option for a sea view, have you any idea if the pool view ones are nice?
I read on the other site that the entertainment was in a room with seats in rows and no tables, is this true?
Also how far was the beach club heard it was quite far and over a big road, dont fancy venturing too far in my cozy with my wobbly bottom lol (still will give me incentive to get down to the gym, ive over a year to tone up so no excuse lol)
Also hubby wants to know what the beer was like lol
hi Shigham
If you get a pool view you also get a sea view,so its lovely when you walk onto your balcony.When we went in june/july the entertainment was outside,with a bit of a play park next to it for the kids,so you could watch the show and still see were the kids were.....to get to the beach club there is a bus every 30 mins to run you up and down there from the hotel,but to be honest its not that far to walk down to if you want to get down there early then get the bus back at the end of the day.the beer is campacruz(sp),and the local origin spirits are good also
Thanks Shaz

Getting excited now although ive got a long long wait lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.