Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Don't know the hotel but make sure it is on Playa Serena and NOT Playa Romanilla as there are no facilities there and a 20 min walk to everything, we went there in May for the first and last time!!

Katy
Hi Katy2

We've now booked the Hotel Playasol for the middle of August, rather than the Portobello.
We couldn't find many reviews and what we did see was rather average. So, we chose the Playasol as it looks really good. I believe it's on the Playa Serena? Do you know of any bars/restaurants with evening entertainment?
I expect everyone will tell you to go to theo's, it is the most popular place to go for evening entertainment
Thanks Diana1

We'll give Theo's a go when we're there.

Are there any watersports on the beach - banana boat, pedaloes, jet skis etc?
hi , the playasol is in Playa Serena , as is the portobello, most of the entertainment is in the hotels , but as has been pointed out Theos is one place to go especially on sunday nites when " F a n n y " makes an appearance, also if you like karaoke PB's is also good and only a few minutes from the playasol.
there are jetskis, pedalos etc. on the beach
hope this helps

Stu
  • Edited by Stum 2006-08-07 17:23:12
Thanks Stum, just what I was looking for

Tickets have arrived in the post this morning, so won't be long now :D
After getting very excited about this trip and having received the tickets, I was admitted to hospital on the 6th Aug and had to cancel the holiday :cry: I was discharged on the 31st and am now back at home recovering.

Oh well, there's always next year :roll:

Hope you all had great holidays on the Costa Almeria
Sorry to hear that Cadge here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.