Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Considering booking this hotel for Xmas as I'm impressed with the positive reviews.

Eifion

We are considering taking my MIL who has difficulty walking and uses a stick. I understand that coaches drop passengers at the bottom of a hill and that it's a 150m uphill walk. I assume this is the same for transfer companies like Shuttle Direct. Do you think it would be suitable? If not, we may just go on our own. Would a taxi be able to get right to the door?

How far is it to the main bars and restaurants?

Thanks.

luci :wave
Hi luci .. the narrow streets and sharp corners in the area make access difficult for larger coaches. But cars, taxis and minibuses have no problem and can go right to the door.

If you were using a shared transfer with Shuttle Direct, you could be on board either a large coach, which would drop you at the end of the road, or a minibus which would drop you off at the door.

But on a Shuttle Direct private transfer, you would be in a car, people carrier or minibus which would drop you off at the door.

There are a selection of bars, cafes and restaurants in the area, and it is also quite convenient for the Old Town.

For our reviews of the Hotel Princesa, please click here.

David :wave
Many thanks David. :tup
We are supposedly in the early stages of planning this, just having found out tonight that the flight times are out. However we have a bad habit of just booking on the spur of the minute. :roll:

luci :wave
Staying in this hotel for one week in October and have noticed very mixed reviews on the food in the hotel. Has anyone been there recently who can confirm if the food is up to scratch please.
Thanks
Westie
westie,

we were there in april this year and had a fab time.

good location, great food ,
enjoy yourself.
Hi All,

Booked a 'winter quickie break' to Beni, Princesa Hotel for 31/01 to 04/02 with Mrs.P and friends.
Booked online via Travel Republic and got the EJet flights and Princesa on Full Board cheaper than EJet-Holidays site, only £134 pp. just need to add tranfers.
Anyone been to Princesa lately? I've read most reviews and all seem V.Good, Re: central location, accomm/rooms/facilities and food, so really looking forward to the break away from "sunny Newcastle". We've been to Beni about 4 times, most recent was 2004 and stayed at the Melia, lovely 4* hotel but just a little bit out of the way. The Princesa is stated as being much more central for Old and new town areas, and the Levante strip.

Any recent info will be appreciated.

Haven't been on HT so much lately, but still love the site for info, reviews etc and like the new look.

All the best for a great 2008.... happy holidaying to all HT'ers

Ray
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.