Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi
Id say the ruidor if you want to be in the heart of things you have everything at your fingers .The regente gets used by lots of people on here ive never stayed there but i have the ruidor and cant complain .You will find the ruidor has lots of british it wasnt full of spanish pushing you at meal times lol and theres no children in ruidor .Ive booked my inlaws in there at glasgow fair and we will meet up with them on the 17th when we arrive staying at the ambassador straight across from ruidor .But read reviews and take your pick im sure you will enjoy any of them goodluck mazza
I,ve not Stayed at the Riudor but have stayed many times at the Regente and would recommend it. The Foods good, the Staff are Friendly and its not too large a hotel so the service is a little more personal. Its about 15 mins walk to the Beach and the same to the Start of much of the nightlife, but is quieter at night, so you wont be troubled by noise. The Riudor is about 5 mins from the beach and is right there fairly central for nightlife. I would imagine it can be noisy around there at night but not as bad as staying around "the square". The Food seems to get mixed reactions, the concensus of late is that the "new" chef is not as good as the "old" one, but as i say i hav'nt stayed there. I would choose the Regente personally, but i certainly would'nt worry about staying at the Riudor either. Down to personal choice really!

On the other point "Benidorm the TV Programme" is a Comedy Programme. Would watching Eastenders or Coronation Street put you off visiting London or Manchester????.......Enough Said!!! ;)

Best Regards - Taggy
Ruidor - We have friends who go here every year, and they love it, if you are booking with thomsons they only take bookings for over 16's - so they wont be as many kids here!

belly
Before new year just gone I would have said the Riudor.We had been there two previous new years but the new chef has ruined it.There was never a big choice of food, but what there was , was always good, now it's awful.We didn't find it noisy, even though it is near clubs and the staff are friendly. I would choose the Regente going on the reviews.
Its about 15 mins walk to the Beach

If you call in at the bars on the way, otherwise I'd say less than 10. :rofl :rofl

Sue :)
hey thank you very much for all of your thoughts; i am not worried about the 'benidorm' issue, its my fiancee who is. We have never been to Benidorm; we like to have the night life there but be able to sleep at night too.. We dont like roudyness... so if these hotels are roudy we probably would opt out.. at the moment these are our best two choices i feel money wise because Hb for under £600 for my dates is damn good i feel.

any more comments would be appreciated,

thanks again,

Dan
I would go to the Regente then you are not as close to the nightlife. I have stayed there and can highly recomend it, as can lots of our other members, food is very good. Have a look at Sanji`s videos, she has done a lot of videos in the Regente. The night life would only be a 15/20 walk from the Regente and I am sure less rowdy singles will be in there, whilst the Riudor may have some as it is adult only.

Benidorm is fantastic and if you take the time to explore futher you will find why we all love it.
Yes I watched a few videos about the Regente, the second video does look very nice. I am just wondering whether it would be beneficial to may be book to go the Gran Bali?

Also I have been looking at the maps etc; could someone breakdown briefly where is where in benidorm:

i.e. the old town, new town.
Hi from what I remember its quite a far way out ,on the lavante end! Nice hotel tho, if you dont mind walking, or getting a taxi!

Belly!
Young Turk.....Have a look at this link:- http://www.hotelstreet.co.uk/Map-22-Benidorm.html

If you click on the name of the Hotels you mention you will see its position indicated on the Map. When you click on the Gran Bali it will take you right across to the left hand side of the Map right at the Far end of Poniente Beach. This is the more Spanish Beach area and is much quieter than the Levante Side. If you then click on either the Hotel Regente or Riudor, the Map will scroll over to the Right where you will notice another large Beach. This is the Levante Beach. All the Area behind this is classed as the "New Town" or more British side, if you like. At the far right hand side of this area and backwards away from the Beach is Called the Rincon de loix area. This would include the Regente Hotel, i'm not sure the Riudor would quite come into this area, it would probably just be classed as Levante area. The small beach area and built up headland inbetween the Poniente and Levante Beaches, is what is known as the "Old Town". This is much more Spanish in Character, and is full of small streets, shops, bars, restaurants and tapas bars, and is totally different from the "New Town" Levante area. Most of the British Style Entertainment ie Cabaret Bars, Clubs, Pubs etc, is centred all around the Levante and Rincon de loix areas, for a more traditional Spanish feel, choose the Poniente/Old Town areas. The Gran Hotel Bali is right at the far end of Poniente Beach, so is quite a considerable way from the Main Entertainment areas of Levante. Its also quite a way from the Old Town too. Although this hotel itself is so large (Largest in Spain i believe) it certainly wont be quiet, the area around it would be, in comparison to the Levante side.

Again, my personal opinion out of those three hotels would be The Regente. Its close enough to walk to/from most of what Benidorm has to offer. There are some lively Bars around it too, just across the Main road infront of the Melia/Flamingo Oasis Hotels, about 3 minutes walk from the Regente, but you wont get noise from them at night. (Unless i'm in there!!!) :rofl

Best Regards - Taggy
thanks for that information, all day i have been researching (i have finished my uni exams so i have time on my hands). We have decided to book Ruidor or Regente depending on whats available.

I am looking forward to it now!!!
booked the ruidor hotel, half board, 2 weeks 20July-3Aug.... £561 i dont think thats a bad deal??
Go and enjoy dan you will have a great time .Im right across the road from you im staying in the ambassador from the 17th july for 2wks cheers mazza
excellent well maybe we can meet up and have a beer or two? lol.

hope the weather is good. see you there; thanks for all your input

dan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.